Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
36,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put shock covers on my sled and have been getting an uneasy feeling that people think they are corny...My first indication was on my first ride of the year 3 people who had never seen my sled all asked at different times,you put those covers on?,who gotcha those covers?,you wanted those things,,,,,huh...There was mention made of them a few more times during our trip about my covers...OK

Last weekend went riding for the very first time with a neighbor of my parents in NY.We get ready to go and he says,shock covers huh???? Yeah I say and??? Oh nothing...

So now I have a shock cover complex. What say all,am I wierdo for having these things or is everyone jealous of my REV????

Not that I'll take em off just want to see if anyone else is being looked at with a sideways leer???

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Suck it up man... Stand tall... Tell ya, whats it to ya?

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
they are jealous of your REV. Never had anyone say anything about shock covers to me and i have had them on my last 2 sleds.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of shock envy to me.

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Who cares what they think. It's your sled.... right. Be proud.

On the technical side, I have heard pro's and con's about shock covers. A quick search will give you what other members have mentioned. Some say there good for protection, others say they cause the shock too heat up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought some for my sled, took them off though did not like how they looked.who cares what people say if you like em keep them on. they doo protect the shock.sounds to me like there a little jealous.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have had shock covers on all of my sleds and have never had problems with them overheating. Come on, it's usually 20 degrees or cooler when I am riding. It seems like it would be tough for the fluid in a shock to get that hot to the point of hurting anything.
IMO- get shock covers

·
Registered
889 Posts
i think shock covers look good, i have the black shock pros covers with the orange flames on them and people have complimented me on them, i guess it all depends on peoples opinions.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If you purchased the bright pink and flourecent green ones i can see why you would get crap about it ,other than that being the reason, shock covers are a good choice for all sleds.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
it's a conspiracy to make you feel self concious!

I have them on all my sleds and like them fine. Unless your shock covers have a picture of scooby doo on them, don't worry about it!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've got em, I like em, screw em!

·
Registered
108 Posts
gsxy said:
I've got em, I like em, screw em!

[snapback]719442[/snapback]​
Have you ever had to watch someone pulling corn husks from their springs. Now that is funny.

With the mud and slop I have had to deal with this year, I glad I have them.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
They are great to keep water out of the shocks if you do alot of water crossing (like me) on a downside, they do make the shock heat up ALOT faster..trust me, I compared side to side!!

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
bigf150 said:
it's a conspiracy to make you feel self concious!

I have them on all my sleds and like them fine. Unless your shock covers have a picture of scooby doo on them, don't worry about it!
[snapback]719384[/snapback]​
And what is wrong with Scooby??????

I have them on my sled and like them. I haven't done a real test to see the difference, but would think that as the shocks compress and the cover acts like a bellows, the air would change and not make that big of a difference.

I do know that the covers keep the snow from loading up in the springs. Any snow I don't have to cary around is a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
29,346 Posts
TeamScream said:
I have had shock covers on all of my sleds and have never had problems with them overheating. Come on, it's usually 20 degrees or cooler when I am riding. It seems like it would be tough for the fluid in a shock to get that hot to the point of hurting anything.
IMO- get shock covers

[snapback]719371[/snapback]​
You'd be surprised how hot those shocks get. When I had my shocks rebuilt last time the C-46 rear shock had gotten so hot the shims were discolored. Not saying anything either way on the covers, but your shocks do get HOT.

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
If you want to be rude,well, you know what to say.

If you don't , just say your kids got em for ya. It works with ties........

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
36,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope don't have scooby-doo but I do have the power puff girls.....

I like em and I will keep them,just seemed odd that everyone I know makes a comment..
Uck em.......Looks good to me..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts