Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was talking to a fellow Dootalker about a helmet that he wants to sell, and we could have made a deal easily, but when he looked into shipping it was absolutely outrageous !!

He priced out a 7 pound package with dimensions of 15" Long X 11" Wide x 12" Tall... the dimensions of the original box.... included $250 insurance.
USPS quoted him $80 to Yellowknife, Canada, and that was the cheapest !
Fedex and UPS were even higher...

This is from upstate NY...

Now, I've had stuff shipped from the US to here before and never paid anything like that...our REV jackets came from Ohio and cost somewhere around $25 incl. insurance. They weigh about 5-6 lbs. a piece I think.

So can anyone tell me is there a cheaper way to ship a helmet that still allows us to get it insured ???

Hate to pass up a good deal just because of this.

·
Registered
622 Posts
papasled said:
Hey everyone,

I was talking to a fellow Dootalker about a helmet that he wants to sell, and we could have made a deal easily, but when he looked into shipping it was absolutely outrageous !!

He priced out a 7 pound package with dimensions of 15" Long X 11" Wide x 12" Tall... the dimensions of the original box.... included $250 insurance.
USPS quoted him $80 to Yellowknife, Canada, and that was the cheapest !
Fedex and UPS were even higher...

This is from upstate NY...

Now, I've had stuff shipped from the US to here before and never paid anything like that...our REV jackets came from Ohio and cost somewhere around $25 incl. insurance. They weigh about 5-6 lbs. a piece I think.

So can anyone tell me is there a cheaper way to ship a helmet that still allows us to get it insured ???

Hate to pass up a good deal just because of this.

[snapback]719844[/snapback]​
That sounds a little high to me. I just checked USPS.com for international shipping rates from US to Canada for a 7 Lb package and it quoted $26.35 for Global Express 3-5 day delivery. Add another $2.10 for the 250 insurance. It's even cheaper if you go with the ground service. Less than $20.00 US. Without knowing the specifics on this I would say either something was mis-typed when it was quoted, or they are trying to make money off the shipping.

I have found USPS to be the least expensive courier, but then again I have never shipped anything to Canada. Just my .02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.