Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a sled while I am working in Seattle, but would have to ship it home to Michigan. Has anyone here shipped a sled that far, and what did it cost you?

We used to be able to air freight a quad cross country for $500ish, but a couple quick quotes came up with around a grand!

·
Registered
575 Posts
would be cheaper to rent a truck and drive it back to Michigan for that much...lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would be cheaper to rent a truck and drive it back to Michigan for that much...lol
I know!!! Its too bad my employer bought me a round trip ticket and a rental car, or I would have already bought a truck and been planning to drive home!

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
56,408 Posts
I bought an ATV from Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo and shipped it home to NJ for $512.00

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The cheapest and albeit riskiest way would be to post on here, snowest, and maybe some local forums you have in Michigan to see if anyone is traveling from the WA area to MI. I post up anytime I'm driving cross country in my pickup (used to be 2-3 times a year) and it's always paid off for me and the folks I've hauled for. I've pulled sleds and trailers between Maine and Colorado for 300 flat, paid most of my fuel bill and the shippers got door to door service.

The big risk is liability, so I took photos upon pickup when loaded, and at drop off in case there was a dispute. You could take it one step further and have a waiver of liability form written up for hauling, after delivery, whatever you decided.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Also, try Uship.com. Lots of empty trucks going down I-90 east this time of year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a post on U-Ship right now, but the quotes Ive gotten so far are all too high to be feasible. I haven't gotten any original u-ship type quotes yet, as I expected with all the empty rigs headed east. Unfortunately, time is an issue, as I am scheduled to fly home soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts