Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed but I have not gotten a straight answer. I was wanting to know if anybody has had a problem with just the head and shim kit on a mxz 700. I am not doing the 670 pistons and if anybody has this did you have to change the jetting much. Any help would be great.Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
thunder219 said:
I know this has been discussed but I have not gotten a straight answer. I was wanting to know if anybody has had a problem with just the head and shim kit on a mxz 700. I am not doing the 670 pistons and if anybody has this did you have to change the jetting much. Any help would be great.Thanks
[snapback]264015[/snapback]​
I installed a head and shim kit in my 2002, 700. It did not change the jetting at all. I put 2000 miles on the engine with no problems. This year I bought a RKT 734 kit that doesn't run the shim and comes with a new head so I sold the Head/shim kit on ebay. I got it originally from Jaws Perf. in Canada. It was $240.00 US.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you ran the rkt kit yet and if so did you get the full porting done. I looked at this kit but I was concerned about keeping it in tune. I dont mind working on sleds but I dont have a lot of time to be messing with it every time I want to ride. I have reeds and clutch kit and few other little things and I can beat my buddies tcat up to about 70 or 80 mph and then hes gone. I have another buddy that I beat about 6 or 7 times last weekend. Let me know what you think of this kit and if it takes a lot to get it to work. Thanks Walt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts