Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2006 mxzx 800 ho

Do you have to shim the 2007 needles? (the updated 07 needles 9EGI5-58)

I assume no, but I wanted to check before I put them in.

I believe the ECM already has been updated since the updated needles were pulled from the machine last year and replaced with the wrong ones by the previous owner

Also should I be running the 430 mains per boyesen? (it has the boyesen rage cages)

0-1000ft above sea level

I'm looking at these two threads, but can't reply since their archived

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/205639-hoses/ (boyesen info)

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/203955-ski-doo-part-404-162-092-07-800ho-updated-needles/

I'm leaving for the UP Saturday and wanted to get some input

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
You don't need to shim that needle. It's about 8 steps richer than the lean, earlier needle used in the 800's. the actual number should be 9EG105-58, and likely has 3 clip positions. As far as the mains, if the engine is stock just run the stock main and pilot settings. Reeds aren't going to change the engines pumping ability. Do some mid and high plug chops to verify settings. If you need the plug reading chart I posted awhile back let me know.

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
You don't need to shim that needle. It's about 8 steps richer than the lean, earlier needle used in the 800's. the actual number should be 9EG105-58, and likely has 3 clip positions. As far as the mains, if the engine is stock just run the stock main and pilot settings.
The needles I have are 9EGI5-58 and they only have 1 c-clip position, no adjustment possible unless shimmed

When I look in the Skidoo Microfiche I see the 2007 MXZX 800 HO PTEK needle is J8-9EGI05-58
Are my "9EGI5-58" the needles the same? In this thread everyone says they are so I believe i have the right ones? http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/203955-ski-doo-part-404-162-092-07-800ho-updated-needles/

Right now the sled has 20 pilots and 440 mains
and it had the old needles in it, 9EGI4-58

It runs like crap anywhere from just under 3/4 throttle to wide open throttle, no power
Anywhere from 1/2-5/8 throttle it runs great up to 80-85mph

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a fresh built PTEK with a bunch of speed parts I just finished.

BMP head
BMP pipe
BMP Y-pipe
Boyseen reeds
07 Summit air box
Sled has DPM, squish was .066 as measured and oil pump was set to 18mm on accident, was working off 04 shop manual. Going to set to 16.5 and re-test.

I've got 60 miles on it so far, jetting is rich, plugs are black but it did not burble anywhere and seemed to run pretty well

450 mains
20 pilots
Updated needles with .010 shims only one clip.
No ECM update

I'm going to start slowly working down hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
My 07/800xrs put 20s and 450s and stock needle position and new top end,Rad valves/Boysen

It Runs crisp and nice so far,,no big ride yet tho and the oil pump was set lean and reset it for stock

Check that the power valve hoses are hooked up and the wire plugin

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Couple jet sizes up or down from stock and this or that needle is not going to make it run like crap

Something else is the issue,,my op

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I have the chart with all the needles in lean to rich order, but I can't seem to post it. I'll try again tonight, failing that if you post the full number of the needle, I'll post where it is on the chart.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the chart with all the needles in lean to rich order, but I can't seem to post it. I'll try again tonight, failing that if you post the full number of the needle, I'll post where it is on the chart.
Can you send it via email? Would be something handy to have in the tool box.

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
My 07/800xrs put 20s and 450s and stock needle position and new top end,Rad valves/Boysen

It Runs crisp and nice so far,,no big ride yet tho and the oil pump was set lean and reset it for stock

Thanks, I will check those

Couple jet sizes up or down from stock and this or that needle is not going to make it run like crap

Something else is the issue,,my op
The engine is fresh from the crank up, has about 1500 miles on it.

I'll do a compression test on it tonight, but other than it not running fast at WFO, it runs great...

I knew I shouldnt have went back in time to a carb sled but I really wanted the suspension, it handles the whoops excellent

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
In the chart I posted, the left 2 columns are Polaris, the middle 2 are Arctic Cat, and the 2 on the right are BRP. I'll try and figure out how to post it properly tomorrow, but all the numbers are there.They go from lean at the top, getting richer as you go down the chart. This chart is from the wisest sage on Dootalk, NHRA record holder, all round cool guy,and fast rider DJM!

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hoses are good.. what wire are you talking about? I dont see any wires around the powervalves?

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The power valve solenoid on top of the carbs
thanks,

Next question:

What does this hose do? (highlighted in yellow) It shows in the michofiche but I don't have one on my sled.

What does this hose connect to? I dont see anything it could attach to? (the red circle)

The nipple is there on the power valve solenoid, but no hose attached

gallery_22834_10377_12955.jpg

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
You need that hose to run the pwrvalves,,crankcase port to the soilnoid,,then it splits to the raves

Hopefully the case port was plugged off when you rode it?

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You need that hose to run the pwrvalves,,crankcase port to the soilnoid,,then it splits to the raves

Hopefully the case port was plugged off when you rode it?
The previous owner put 1200 miles on it last season. I put 670 miles on it so far this season.. just tested the compression 140 psi both sides

I cant seem to find an open port on the crankcase in between the oil pump and the PTO... anyone have pics of a bare crankcase?

The non ptec 800s didn't use a hose or Solnoid
It says "Powertek Rotax 800 HO" on the hood, I assume this is ptec?

(2006 MXZX 800)

·
Team Cheeseburger
1,011 Posts
Sorry I'm not near my sled right now

Is this where it connects? (circled in blue)

Capture_zpszfqne8bn.png

The 90 degree one closest to the PTO/clutch is blocked off

I didn't see the other one circled in blue

The microfiche is saying quantity "2" for part #10 in the diagram, seemed like both should be blocked off?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts