7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the proper shift speed for a 02 mxz 800 is
this is not an h.o.

and i don't know if this makes a differance

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
By shift speed, are you meaning MPH? The clutch shifts are based on engine RPM and load, so its impossible to specify any shift speed in MPH.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
7800 RPMs but your tack might be off by 200 so try 8000

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is the link to ski-doo where you can view the specs for your sled. Ski-doo. Ski-doo claims peak H.P. at 7850 rpm.

I have a 2002 mxz 800 and I run my max rpm's at 7900 - 8000. With the B.A.M. performance head kit, V-Force III Reeds and Reed spacers (a total kit I purchased from a local dealer here in Canada) the kit came with specs and dyno tests to show that my sled will now produce 152 h.p.(compared to the 135 stock hp)

So I also installed a heel clicker clutch kit and customized the weights, because I am now producing 135 hp at 7000 rpm, I have tuned the primary to run my sled at around 6000 rpm at 1/2 throttle, 7000 at 3/4 throttle and 7900 - 8000 at full.

It performs great when I squeeze the throttle and demand the power. This weight combination has allowed me to get extremely great fuel milage with my 800. The friends I ride with who have 600's and some older 650's cannot believe that if I ride with them at their speed (NOT full throttle down the lake for me to stay beside them) that I actually use slightly less fuel than they do.

Running a clutch setup to stay in the peak power band most of the time is alot of fun, however be prepared to pay at the gas pump for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts