Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I went for a run with my buddy, he has a 05 F5, and we had a little fun in 660, with my 03 mxz500 h.o. he beat me by 2 or 3 lenghts. He got different helix's in, so that's probally why, but my sled is totally stock the suspension isn't let yup or nothing, wa you guys think the best way to be for a lil bit of powder, I weight about 140 lbs and i wanna beat this sucker, hahah
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man, whatca mean u never heard of it, just a 2003, mxz 500 high output, might be a 02, but i believe it's a 03, can't even remember hahahaha. ya pretty sure it's a 03. it's a 500 and a 500, whatca mean need seriouse mods??? both of us are not studded, i only got the orginal track, 3/4 i think, my suspension is just like it came outta the shop, he got his setup... ummm thats it wa can i do with out spending any money.. were just fooling around seee who will win without buying anything, he's taking his helix's out today so his is gonna be totally stock too
Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

- let your limiter strap out one, maybe two holes.
- remove rear coupler stops on skid (little rubber pads)
- you're 140 pounds, so set the torsion spring pre-load on it's lightest setting, set shock preload to 3
- keep the fuel tank dry (1 or 2 gallons)
- get your pipe nice and hot (close all vents on mag side of cab)
- carb heaters? - OFF!
- make sure track is nice and loose without ratcheting

Make sure NOT to rub it in when you squeek out the win!

·
Registered
244 Posts
lol...what he said...post results when u line em up!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good luck but the F5's are definately faster than MXZ 500's. In my opinion you definately have a nicer sled by far, but the F5's are fast for what they are. Keep riding Ski-Dog! I love my Ski-Dog way better than the F7 Iused to have.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't necessarily agree with loosening your limiter strap 2 holes, softening up your rear suspension,etc. I know it helps weight transfer but if u go to far only the rear foot or so of the track would be in contact with the ground rather then the whole length. I have my limiter loosened 1 hole, front shock on 4, torsion spring one click loosened from as tight as it goes, and my front shocks as tight as they go I weigh about 160 and have found this to be the best compromise of good ride quality and traction. I tried flipping the fat part of the scissor block down and I feel I actually lost traction and cornering under power was a challenge because my skis were 3-6 inches off the when on the throttle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya guys thanks, it's all been a great up i will have to try it out someday, anything else would be greatly appreciated too, and wa changing the rev's in the front clutch any help to me or just hurting myself
Thanks

farmer_mike said:
I don't necessarily agree with loosening your limiter strap 2 holes, softening up your rear suspension,etc. I know it helps weight transfer but if u go to far only the rear foot or so of the track would be in contact with the ground rather then the whole length. I have my limiter loosened 1 hole, front shock on 4, torsion spring one click loosened from as tight as it goes, and my front shocks as tight as they go I weigh about 160 and have found this to be the best compromise of good ride quality and traction. I tried flipping the fat part of the scissor block down and I feel I actually lost traction and cornering under power was a challenge because my skis were 3-6 inches off the when on the throttle.
[snapback]701558[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
powderhound said:
is it me or is he speaking something that is not english?? and they never made a 500HO theres a 500 but not a HO.
[snapback]704273[/snapback]​
Maybe we need a decoder ring. H.O. must stand for help out. And ah Farmer Mike the set up was for a race not trail riding so the strap loosening is the way to go, and if he's not studded to the max I don't see the 500 carrying the front 2/3's of the track. (owned one)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Listen guys, you guys don't have a jeuse clue wat your talking about, well powderhound don't anyways. if ya don't wanna believe me i'll take a frigging picture of the sticker on the hood that says 500 H.O. then we'll see the one that noes what there talking about. I don't wanna listen to you little people that think you no it all. If ya wanna bullsh&% behind a compter find another spot to do it.!

macker said:
powderhound said:
is it me or is he speaking something that is not english?? and they never made a 500HO theres a 500 but not a HO.
[snapback]704273[/snapback]​
Maybe we need a decoder ring. H.O. must stand for help out. And ah Farmer Mike the set up was for a race not trail riding so the strap loosening is the way to go, and if he's not studded to the max I don't see the 500 carrying the front 2/3's of the track. (owned one)
[snapback]704387[/snapback]​

·
Registered
831 Posts
Jeff - slow down, you're going too fast.. They NEVER made a 500HO - If yours has decals that say 500HO, then I'd suspect they're a mix of either 500 and 670HO or 500 and 600HO... Sorry to burst your bubble - Now take all that pent up frustration and go whoop some kitty cat on the trail, and be sure to let us know how well ya did.

P

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.