Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converted my 03 rev 600ho sport to the flex skis w/pcs and went on my first ride thursday. Conditions were groomed with 2" of fresh now on top. Steering effort was easy and darting was none existant, but when I rode aggressively they pushed in the corners. I tried increasing the springs in the front to 4+ with little help. The carbides are what ever came on the skis. I'm thinking of changing the carbides. What length carbide should I get or should I get dual runners?? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
sdrev600ho said:
I converted my 03 rev 600ho sport to the flex skis w/pcs and went on my first ride thursday. Conditions were groomed with 2" of fresh now on top. Steering effort was easy and darting was none existant, but when I rode aggressively they pushed in the corners. I tried increasing the springs in the front to 4+ with little help. The carbides are what ever came on the skis. I'm thinking of changing the carbides. What length carbide should I get or should I get dual runners?? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
[snapback]279002[/snapback]​
I Used 9" Stud Boy Shaper wear bars and the plastic Anti dart pieces Skiddo sells for thier single runner skis Works great , Also loosened the limiter strap 1 hole .

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thanks
[snapback]279002[/snapback]​
[/quote] I Used 9" Stud Boy Shaper wear bars and the plastic Anti dart pieces Skiddo sells for thier single runner skis Works great , Also loosened the limiter strap 1 hole .
[snapback]279080[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I also put flex skies on my 2005 rev 800 and changed to woodys 6 inch double carbide.I will take it for my first ride tomorrow.I hope the darting and pushing will be solved.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
just put flex on mine. I felt the 5 inch carbides that came with were too aggressive. Wifes sled had a set of worn 4 inch on 7/16 bar. I put those on. put the toe out to 1/8 inch, front on 2, center on 2 back on 2 and it seems to handle pretty well. Not too heavy steering. Was able to get up to about 85MPH on the lake and no darting. Felt a little squirrely on some sloppy trails, but overall a big improvement. I think shaper bars are way too aggressive for this chassis.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
You may want to loosen your front spring on the rear skid to add more weight to the front to try to eliminate push in the corners. I find with the revs you have to adjust your front spring to match the conditions ... more weight in loose snow conditions, and less weight on hard pack.

·
Registered
242 Posts
yeller said:
You may want to loosen your front spring on the rear skid to add more weight to the front to try to eliminate push in the corners. I find with the revs you have to adjust your front spring to match the conditions ... more weight in loose snow conditions, and less weight on hard pack.
[snapback]280605[/snapback]​
Good advice. I'm running a 1/2" bar on my flex skis with 9" carbide, although they're somewhat worn. I also have the tuning fork strip thingies. I tried the flexskis w/out the strip things and it steered even easier, but darted quite badly. The strips really helped. I have a set of dooly carbides on order right now, just to try. Not sure if I'll be able to remove the strips or not, I'd like to because I think I could lose some of the steering effort required if I take them off (they effectively lengthen the keel) and maybe the dooly will control the darting.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a set of flex's on my '05 renegade and am contemplating removing them due to the excessive steering effort required.

I rode 800 miles last weekend in Ontario and 'bout wore my shoulders off trying to crank those bars - a very tiring job. I have the PCS strips and some half-worn out 6" carbides. Running front on 2nd loosest setting, middle near tight and rear at 3.

Any thoughts on how to lessen the steering effort???
I like the PCS = keel length theory......

If I was only riding 200 miles per day it wouldn't be an issue, but at higher mileage, I may need to go back to the precisions.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
700renegade said:
I have a set of flex's on my '05 renegade and am contemplating removing them due to the excessive steering effort required.

I rode 800 miles last weekend in Ontario and 'bout wore my shoulders off trying to crank those bars - a very tiring job. I have the PCS strips and some half-worn out 6" carbides. Running front on 2nd loosest setting, middle near tight and rear at 3.

Any thoughts on how to lessen the steering effort???
I like the PCS = keel length theory......

If I was only riding 200 miles per day it wouldn't be an issue, but at higher mileage, I may need to go back to the precisions.
[snapback]281029[/snapback]​
I have SLP powder pros and was having tha same problem. I let your limiter strap all the way out and put the center shock on 2. That greatly helped. The SLP also has 2 holes on the bindings for adjustment. You want the ski tip on the far back of the sled as possible. Keep playing with the set up I think you will get it. They have to be better than the percisions.

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.