Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
there are a few different setups people are running and are happy with. do a search.

I have 6" shapers with the backs bent up slightly, front shocks on 3, center a little past half and the rear on 2, with stiffer springs. I like it a lot. Easy to stear and zero push.

Eric

mich600ho said:
thanks i should be getting them tommorow can not wait to try them out.
[snapback]307583[/snapback]​

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
I took my usi spx's off, I did all of that and more trying to get it to turn without my arms and shoulders killing me at the end of the day. I put the stock skii's back on and left my front springs at 4 my middle spring all the way tight and the rear springs on the heaviest setting. I also put Bergstrom 24"(it is a triple edge 8" carbide) on the inside of both ski's and it's easy to turn no push and I love it . But to each his own the usi spx skis work better in powder and they turn great in the trail it just takes to much effort to turn them.
BTW the less carbide you run the easier it is to turn I had 8" on my spx's and went to 6" and they turned easier, but 250 miles in twisty trails your arms will hurt.
Good Luck

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think you'll just have to try them and see what you need to do next. The geometry of the '03s is different, the springs are different, and people have different preferences. I have one weekend of riding my '03 Rev Sport with PX-301 skis and will have to ride it in more varied conditions before I know for sure what I would change. The only change I made so far is backing the front springs off to the minimum preload. I figured I'd add more as needed and so far I haven't found a reason to add more.

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.