Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,584 Posts
Was told the same thing yesterday by my buddy Pete who went to a demo ride in N.H..............................no more semi, only full and mineral from now on................

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
So all that telling people running the semi is a terrible idea in anything but 800's a partly confirmed bs lol!

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,584 Posts
I guess so! lol

For me it couldn't have come at a better time as I'm just about out and maybe have a pint left in my last gallon and need to order another case........ Full synthetic it is!!!

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Doesn't really help me any.

I run full synthetic in my sled, mineral oil in the wife's sled.

I still have to pay double every time we ride!!!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I like my semi syns, all the rust protection of a dino, and all the protection of the full. I cant beat 18 a gallon :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know there's a hundred threads pertaining to oil on here, but just thought I'd post here.

Went to the local Doo dealer last weekend to pick up the 2015 catalog (bummed out when he said they didn't ship him any yet). While there, I was checking out a 2014 MXZ 800 E-Tec. I opened up the side panel and got to looking at the decal on the oil reservoir. It has the same decal as my 2010 600 E-Tec, saying "BRP recommends using XPS Semi-Synthetic Blend Oil". Doo they put the same decal on every reservoir, regardless of engine? I removed the cap and noticed it did have the full synthetic oil in it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was just in the dealer and asked about this. He spoke to his distributor today in its true, DOO is DOOING away with the blend and only selling mineral and full synth. Supposedly it is going to come down in price a few bucks. This all because of the new ETECs running full synth, doing away with the "CONFUSION". I didn't realize there was such a problem buy oh well. Guess all of us running older or non ETEC sleds don't matter. I know that a lot of places around N. Mi sold out of the blend with lots of full synth still on the shelves. So sales wasn't the issue. Oh well, guess I will spend the summer figuring out if I am going to stock up, switch to full or just go with a different brand.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was just in the dealer and asked about this. He spoke to his distributor today in its true, DOO is DOOING away with the blend and only selling mineral and full synth. Supposedly it is going to come down in price a few bucks. This all because of the new ETECs running full synth, doing away with the "CONFUSION". I didn't realize there was such a problem buy oh well. Guess all of us running older or non ETEC sleds don't matter. I know that a lot of places around N. Mi sold out of the blend with lots of full synth still on the shelves. So sales wasn't the issue. Oh well, guess I will spend the summer figuring out if I am going to stock up, switch to full or just go with a different brand.
Ditto here. My dealer I just went to today to drop off a sled part for a project confirmed this. he was in quebec last week at kickoff for doo and it was mentioned there. I also grabbed the 2015 books. Yup, the accessory book has no mention of blend...

Ill likely just run synthetic in all my old iron. I was running synthetic in mt mxzx racer and premixing it, and running blend in my mach and other older liquids. Will be easier just to have one jug in the garage I guess...

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
Makes a lot of sense right. Years and years ofndoo telling us certain models require semi over full and all of the sudden its no biggie to use full only?

I actually had a dealer last year tell me running full in a 600 etecs would void its warranty (total bs obviously) and only use semi. Wonder what the same place will say now?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I wish I could get a good answer on what to put into my '13 600. Guy I got it from was running semi spectrol.. I'd like to use interceptor, doo claims I should be running a semi synthetic, now they're doing away with it. Still have a half tank of oil in it, hopefully it's enough to get me through the rest of the season, and I can make the decision later.........

·
Registered
821 Posts
WOW, now I feel like a fool. I've been preaching the semi to doo owners like a religion. I feel violated. LOL I guess, I'll just get any full syn and stick it in. Boy, I guess you can't believe anyone anymore. Government, priests, cops, teachers, and Doo. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually had a dealer last year tell me running full in a 600 etecs would void its warranty (total bs obviously) and only use semi. Wonder what the same place will say now?
Absurd. Semi was the recommendation for the 600 etec when it first came out, that was before the full synthetic was on the market. The full synthetic is better and is good in everything from the etecs, to fans, SDIs, etc.

·
Ski-Doo
328 Posts
Just to confirm - we will no longer offer Semi-Synthetic for 2015. Just Mineral and Synthetic. Plus, we're adjusting prices of full Synthetic.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts