Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts
wow. amazing that little car could push that truck like that.......glad no one was hurt. imagine what on coming traffic thought with that coming over the barrier at them

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I bet the driver saw the car thru the little window on the bottom of the door and just swerved as a natural reaction. Or the car got under the front wheel and the tractor bounced up. A billion to 1 shot it happened the way it did..........wow.

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet the driver saw the car thru the little window on the bottom of the door and just swerved as a natural reaction. Or the car got under the front wheel and the tractor bounced up. A billion to 1 shot it happened the way it did..........wow.
If you look closely at the start of the video, you will see the car impact the Passenger side front tire, this jerked the steering wheel out of the drivers hands (Driver stated this in a Company Memo sent out to all Pepsi Employees, me included) and drove the truck into the center divider, the rest is inertia.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you look closely at the start of the video, you will see the car impact the Passenger side front tire, this jerked the steering wheel out of the drivers hands (Driver stated this in a Company Memo sent out to all Pepsi Employees, me included) and drove the truck into the center divider, the rest is inertia.
I bet that wouldn't have happened to a Coke driver.

Just kidding, as I have a huge respect for semi drivers now that I have a single axle truck that I use to move equipment. I fully believe that an impact on the steer tire would send a truck into the opposite direction just like that. Good thing it was all caught on camera, as truck drivers are put through the ringer in any accident here in Michigan anyway.

·
Hoping for snow
3,260 Posts
Wow what kind of idiot swerves towards a semi, that nissan driver should have his license taken away permanently. If you can't see a semi beside your window you should be allowed to drive. Glad no one got hurt from what appears what extremely poor drivers actions.

·
RIDE RED!
3,699 Posts
goes to show ya, that the jersey barriers dont do much to keep a big-rig in the road.....glad that wasnt me, i drive a 6 axle tractor/trailer with a heavy permit. i go up to 107,000 with a full load of steel coils...wouldnt have been pretty

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
goes to show ya, that the jersey barriers dont do much to keep a big-rig in the road.....glad that wasnt me, i drive a 6 axle tractor/trailer with a heavy permit. i go up to 107,000 with a full load of steel coils...wouldnt have been pretty
Our Pepsi Trucks Here in Michigan Have Spread Quads and Tri Axles. The Spread Quads are Licenced to 115,000 and the Tri axles to 100,000lbs.

·
RIDE RED!
3,699 Posts
Our Pepsi Trucks Here in Michigan Have Spread Quads and Tri Axles. The Spread Quads are Licenced to 115,000 and the Tri axles to 100,000lbs.
yep, thats some weight for sure! i pull a spread triple....i have seen losta gravel haulers in MI runnin realy heavy, cant say ive seen alot of pepsi trucks though....not doubting you in any way, i havent been to MI in a while. the truck in the vid didtn seem real heavy to me. how bout you??

·
Premium Member
7,282 Posts

·
Cat beater!
5,619 Posts
I wonder what the reason was for the little SUV to swerve so hard into the truck? Strange.
DRIVER LOST THE PEPSI CHALLENGE! lol j/k wild ride for that guy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts