Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOing to sell my Gade 04 SDI and purchase a Expedition 550. Hate to do it but I can't justify having a sled for "screwing around on" now that my misses got her yammie.
Think I'm gonna buy a Mach Z renegade when they come out though!

P.S> ANy info on Expedition 550? I needs something that can work.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
How unfortunate. Im not sure if your depreciation would make much sense here or not, but I wouldnt hold my breath on the Mach-Z Rengade.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
You want the Expedition as a workhorse?

Turn your Gade into a workhorse.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yellowknife said:

[snapback]270598[/snapback]​
Yeah...do what Yellowknife suggests. All you need is the kitch kit (the one that mounts to the tunnel and comes with the replacement bumper) and you are golden. I haul some pretty good loads with my gade and you will not have to worry about overheating....I have yet to overheat while hauling.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Yellowknife said:

[snapback]270598[/snapback]​
The 550 is a great machine for hauling stuff, fan cooled won't overheat at slow speeds either.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, can't turn my gade into a workhorse, that just wouldn't be right. I'd rather sell her and have some guy busting down the trials instead of her spending the rest of her days Hualing loads of wood at 40 km/h.
Anyway Expedtion already has two up seat, hitch, and 16 inch wide track( my gade doesn't have it). Plus its dirt cheap! I can buy it, hands down, pay off my loan with in the next year and have 2 ski-doos.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
All i can say is WHY? First off, your Gade has MORE power than 550 by ALOT, which in turn, means you can haul more if you need too, w/o a worry. Second off, once your done working, you can go play! Get the two-up seat for the wife and be done with it! the 550 choice is a bad one...I can gaurentee you will regret in the long run...bye all to their own...-chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boys I don't think you understand the situation.
I'm not going to be hauling on groomed trails once a week. I'm talking breaking trials throught the wood, hauling 3 loads aday 25 clicks one way. I've got a hitch on my gade but I would never put her trough that kind of punishment.
Plain and simple you needs a snowmobile that you just don't really give a sh&% about, cuase your gonna dent and scratch the sh&% out of them. I just could not do that to my REv.

P.S. my warrenty is running out also!
thanks for your advice though

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Gade04 said:
Boys I don't think you understand the situation.
I'm not going to be hauling on groomed trails once a week. I'm talking breaking trials throught the wood, hauling 3 loads aday 25 clicks one way. I've got a hitch on my gade but I would never put her trough that kind of punishment.
Plain and simple you needs a snowmobile that you just don't really give a sh&% about, cuase your gonna dent and scratch the sh&% out of them. I just could not do that to my REv.

P.S. my warrenty is running out also!
thanks for your advice though
[snapback]270790[/snapback]​
Oh well...I use mine for everything, including hauling wood and doing work out at the lodge, it rules, scratches and all. Nothing like the horsepower of a liquid cooled sled to haul your crap. Deep snow, no problem, heavy load, still laughing. You should get a skandic if you are really into a workhorse, the Expedition is suited more for touring. I was riding one on Sunday and I know they are rated as a Utility/Touring sled, but if all you are going to do is work, go for the skandic, you'll appreciate its stability a lot more, something that the Expedition just can't compete with down low.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Your so sad about selling it and come on here complaining and yet your really hell bent on getting rid of it? I'm confused.
scratches are part of ripping it up on these things and its all fixable.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not complaining about my renegade. Listen, I'd buy a scandic if it where affordable. A scandic LT is what 9700? An expedition is 9046.30 out the door, I can afford that.
My renegade(after I got the plug problem figured out) is a sweet sled, would love to have her power and Gas mileage to have in the woods( I did have a 583 summit I usedfor logging one year, great sled, tore her up though). But I still don't see how you guys would have a X model renegade for hualing wood, sure I could do her up but that cost money.
Anyway, Her ad is up now so... Great sled would buy one again in a second, but not made for working/touring.
Thaks anyway guys

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Here's mine:

My 550

Wanna trade??

Too bad we weren't just a bit closer to each other.

Some guys on here were wondering how strong the stock hitch is, because it only uses the bumper, but it's a pretty strong bumper, and I haven't heard any disaster stories yet. It seems geared quite low, so should haul a load OK. You'll probably be banging the stock shield off some trees if you're really running thru the thick woods, it's pretty wide, but warm as hell though.
Good luck!!

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Gade04 said:
I'm not complaining about my renegade. Listen, I'd buy a scandic if it where affordable. A scandic LT is what 9700? An expedition is 9046.30 out the door, I can afford that.
My renegade(after I got the plug problem figured out) is a sweet sled, would love to have her power and Gas mileage to have in the woods( I did have a 583 summit I usedfor logging one year, great sled, tore her up though). But I still don't see how you guys would have a X model renegade for hualing wood, sure I could do her up but that cost money.
Anyway, Her ad is up now so... Great sled would buy one again in a second, but not made for working/touring.
Thaks anyway guys
[snapback]272175[/snapback]​
But you are spending money anyway - on a new sled! Do you think you'll break even on the sale of your SDI or what? If you lose money on it, think of how cheap using the Renegade would have been.

And what is 9046 cmpared to 9700 for the Skandic? Pennies isn't it?

Alright i'll leave you alone...lol...just trying to fathom your thinking on all this.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yellowknife said:
Gade04 said:
Thaks anyway guys
[snapback]272175[/snapback]​
But you are spending money anyway - on a new sled! Do you think you'll break even on the sale of your SDI or what? If you lose money on it, think of how cheap using the Renegade would have been.

And what is 9046 cmpared to 9700 for the Skandic? Pennies isn't it?

LOL
I know to some of you guys that I must sound like I'm high on crack or something!
Gonna try to explain one last time.
By selling my renegade for $9500, I will be able to by the expedtion with out a loan. My loan for the Gade will be up with in the next year and half, then I will buy a new renegade. Hope that clears things up.
Yellowknife, have you ever drove a scandic LT 440? My father got one and it was actually my first choice, but I decided that it was much to tippy for me, ( think it got like a 20 inch ski stance or something)
. SO I'm going with Choice #2. DOn't feel so bad nether after looking at NS's expedition.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
Oh...can you get 9500 for your Gade? On the new gade get the 800 PTEK you'll love it. I drove a skatic 440 and it was tippy but the widetrack is the only skandic worth its money, 600cc liquid and that puppy is a tank/trail breaker. It devouers trees too. lol

Yeah NS's expedition is cool, you'll be able to haul half your wood on the tunnel with that rear seat off!

·
Registered
345 Posts
LOL
I know to some of you guys that I must sound like I'm high on crack or something!
Gonna try to explain one last time.
By selling my renegade for $9500, I will be able to by the expedtion with out a loan. My loan for the Gade will be up with in the next year and half, then I will buy a new renegade. Hope that clears things up.
Yellowknife, have you ever drove a scandic LT 440? My father got one and it was actually my first choice, but I decided that it was much to tippy for me, ( think it got like a 20 inch ski stance or something)
. SO I'm going with Choice #2. DOn't feel so bad nether after looking at NS's expedition.
[snapback]272425[/snapback]​
[/quote]

The math sounds pretty inconsequential...I'd be surprised to get 9500 for my 05 X at the end of this year, but hopefully you have luck. I just don't understand the logic of selling the sled for 9500, when you might not get that anyways, and replacing it with a much lesser sled for what you sold the beast for anyways...but hey, it's your coin.

What I'd do:

If I was concerned about scratches, I'd buy 2 sidepanels and a hood/windshield for $400.00 (that's assuming MSRP) and swap out the panels when I had to work. When you do want to polish up for a ride, take 15-20 mins and put your good ones back on. Then, you have a great machine that can do both. I'd have to say that working roughly equates to the beating a rev would take on a snowcross track...but hey, it's your choice dude.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How much did you guys pay for your renegades? I've payed 13,700 for mine, selling her less then 9500 would be a total rip, shes only got like 3600 clicks and 40 hours.
Checked with dealer about trade in as well, said he would give 7000+, sounds fair.
Anyway, like I said, shes posted. Definetly set on expedition now, will get Reneagde again in two years, and from yellowknifes and other post seems like PT 800 is what it will be. If there still is PT 800 by then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts