Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys, i seized my 800 engine today, was going too lean, and both cylinders and pistons is gone,
My question is:
Where can i get new cylinders and pistons, cheap and most important fast...

thanks...
kj

·
Registered
378 Posts
Cudney is the overwhealming choice for pistons. I think they are like $235 american for pistons and rings. The cylinders if they aren't too bad could be sent out with a one day turnaround to be replated. There are lots of advertisers in American Snowmobiler and Snow Goer magazines. Otherwise contact Cudney on cylinders too. Or you could bend over and call Ski-Doo

·
Registered
378 Posts
Almost forgot. It's imperitive that you find out why it went lean. Could be carb boots or maybe crank seal. It won't do any good to rebuild a motor to have it blow again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ingles performance in new york. they are a ski-doo dealer with a large inventory. I burned down my 05 power-tec two weeks ago, ordered parts and got them the next day. I went to a local dealer last weekend to get a belt and they had none. Called Ingles and they were on sale for $69.00. it sure is nice not to wait 4 weeks for parts. Ingles is also a dootalk sponsor

·
Registered
276 Posts
Buy a wiseco piston kit , I think they are the best buy ..

Kit Includes: Matched & balanced forged pistons, rings, taper wall piston pins, retainer clips & top end gaskets for 82mm standard bore 800.. for 300 dollars..

And shipping cylenders to the US to be re cromed from Iceland came out to the same price as buying new ones from the dealer so....

Are you sure they can not be repaired, If they are not damaged at the top of the stroke
or little damage i´d try to fix them and just buy a piston set and let it rip....
I´d try to find semeone to take a look at them for you , A local MX expert or machine shop or just someone who myte be abel to fix them..

T.. Iceland

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Red_rev_440 said:

Kit Includes: Matched & balanced forged pistons, rings, taper wall piston pins, retainer clips & top end gaskets for 82mm standard bore 800.. for 300 dollars..

And shipping cylenders to the US to be re cromed from Iceland came out to the same price as buying new ones from the dealer so....

Are you sure they can not be repaired, If they are not damaged at the top of the stroke
or little damage i´d try to fix them and just buy a piston set and let it rip....
I´d try to find semeone to take a look at them for you , A local MX expert or machine shop or just someone who myte be abel to fix them..

T.. Iceland
[snapback]728450[/snapback]​
Wiseco's arent the best pistons to throw in a mod sled. I'd look into what pistons to get.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Kjetil: Cylmo.no in Trondheim has cylinders in stock. You just give them your old cylinders and get new plated i return. They also have wisecos in stock, but Ill recommend you to try SPI pistons. They are cheap and good.

I do have RKT drop ins at home but I think Im going to keep them for myself......

//Tom

·
Registered
276 Posts
BlairM7c47c said:
Red_rev_440 said:

T.. Iceland
[snapback]728450[/snapback]​
Wiseco's arent the best pistons to throw in a mod sled. I'd look into what pistons to get.
[snapback]728506[/snapback]​
Why aren´t they the best??? What´s out there that´s better and why???

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
[/quote]

Why aren´t they the best??? What´s out there that´s better and why???
[snapback]728787[/snapback]​
[/quote]

The tolerances of Wisecos are much tighter than OEM so they are more susceptible to a cold seizure. Many people will throw them in do not heat cycle them and go for a tear and squeak a piston and blame them because they didn't know better. I like them and think they are fine. They are forged not cast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts