Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 ski doo mxz 600. While riding, the sled just bogged out and I was never able to turn it over and get it restarted. No previous symptoms of problems, now its hard to pull the recoil. Compression seems good. What else could the problem be?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just curious, how did you check compression? With gauge or by putting finger over hole and feeling for pressure. Im asking because if its that hard to pull, I'm wondering how you could do a correct compression test?

I'd start by pulling heads off first and look at domes, then work your way down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the help, here is what I have done so far:

I took the head off and neither piston was seized. The compression is 100 in one and 125 in the other, I used a gauge to test this. And there is spark.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,477 Posts
This would be easier to follow if you only have one post asking these questions........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was there any scoring on the cylinders?

Did you do a vacuum test on the intake? There may be a broken crank seal.

This sounds like a bed crank bearing if is hard to pull over.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The sled seized but still turns over??? MMM K. I have seen it happen one time before but it was never figured out what caused it.99% sure it is a crank or rod bearing..

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
I've seen them run lean and lock up but then once they cool off they turn over with some effort. Either way, it needs to come apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts