Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Hey guys....

Does anyone have the ability to post up a copy, or just the text from Ski-Doo bulletin number 2014-9 please? It had to do with installing a "ground cluster ring" or similar on some 2014's to address an occasional electrical gremlin. It was posted up here somewhere a year or two ago and I remember reading it, but I can't find it with searches. If someone else can...please share....

Primarily I'm interested in what part number do I need to order. I want to buy this "cluster ring" if I want to perform this update myself to an out-of-warranty sled.

PM me for contact info if you'd prefer to email or fax something to me, if posting up here is a problem. Thanks in advance to any who might have an answer!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you mean the Haliburton Forest , YES. We ended up out that area for lunch. Man the place was MOBBED! Have not seen that many sleds out all on one day in MANY Yrs...

Dan
Yes my 1200 x was in front off yours and yes over half of Ontario was out enjoying them selves except the turbo cats leaving there belts all over the lakes. How is your top speed with the spring changes

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pop out cluster, set ring there, reinstall cluster on the ring. Then run the wire to a ground somewhere on the sled and secure it as needed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I’m going to install one this weekend on my wife’s 2014 600 Sport. From what I have read on the post here ,you take out the cluster and remove the outer ring or trim and then place the ring there, the other end goes to your negative post on your battery. Is this right?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I may have a problem, I connected the ground wire to the negative post on the battery. Where are you supposed to connect it too on the footwell?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Note, this is for a XU chasis so it probably isn't the same. I think the point is that as long as its grounded to the chassis.

Here's a closeup of the XU ground location. When I installed it on my XU I grounded it to the frame for the steering shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thank you for the help, do you think it really matters if I have it on the negative battery post? If I follow the instructions it it’s grounded at the other side of the ground strap, which is all the same as far as I can see.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have no idea and will differ to someone who knows more about electrical then me. Personally, if the bulletin specifically says not to hook it to the battery, then I wouldn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts