Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all the topics that come by on here and most of them are really helpful,But I havent come across any topics on the secondary on our sleds! Doesnt anybody think that the secondary is the reason are clutches are running hot due to not having enough belt clamp from either the helix is totally wrong or the spring is not strong enough to bit the belt in the top end,allowing the belt to slip!!
I mean everybody has the same problem when at WOT and you let off then you want to get back into it there is nothing there,like a big power loss.But all it is what I am thinking is that the secondary is not backshifting fast enough to catch up with the primary! In BRP race manuals the spring that we have in our secondary is the strongest one they sell, and to me we need a stronger spring for better belt clamp which inturn leads to more MPH,and faster backshift.
Does anybody know if there is a stronger spring for this or should we change are helix,and would changing the helix to the right angle produce more belt clamp inturn COOLER CLUTCHES.
I think that the secondary is the problem why are sleds cannt go as fast as they shouldYES/NO?
I would like to here more on this issue about what everybody is doing here,Because i think this would solve alot of problems if we can get the clutches to bite the belt harder at WOT.No more black belt marks on the clutch. Hey I could be wrong but I think we have done almost everything else on this sled but that.I know about the team secondary,but why cannt we try to get our own secondary to work with the pimary!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I got Bills secondary helix and spring ,cr4 helix and spring,works great.Don't know what it is but it works good.I phoned Bill,told him my set up in the primary and he said try this helix and this spring and wammo ,it worked and rpm's were right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dalton has custom ground helixes for us and absolutly every Mach Z so far installed has gained in performance and belt temps....

we have 3 diff Helixes avail 2 for stock machZ,s 120lb to 220lb drive and over 220lb driver and or deep snow...and one for MachZ with C/S pipes..and still looking for more....trying to get these belt temps doun worked hard on a 1100 Bikeman this weekend 75 miles of 1200ft runs and zero blown belts also run out 2000ft and trail ride too..can hold hands on clutches but still want cooler yet........www.howardsinc.net

Cudneys airscoop kitt sounds like it works a great deal also.

Billy Howard

·
Got a beer?
2,313 Posts
I got Cudney's trail kit. i got the primary weighted down real heavy and i'm using his helix and sring on the secondary. Ran it for about 400 miles without the helix and secondary spring and ate up belts left and right. I also took out the rear vent by your left foot and got 2100 miles on my last belt. Happy riding. If you weigh down your primary make sure you weigh the arms. Mine were off by two grams from one arm to another. electronic scales make it easy. 20 bucks online.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CrazyBill said:
I got Cudney's trail kit. i got the primary weighted down real heavy and i'm using his helix and sring on the secondary. Ran it for about 400 miles without the helix and secondary spring and ate up belts left and right. I also took out the rear vent by your left foot and got 2100 miles on my last belt. Happy riding. If you weigh down your primary make sure you weigh the arms. Mine were off by two grams from one arm to another. electronic scales make it easy. 20 bucks online.
[snapback]712279[/snapback]​
I had Bondi's kit left over from my 05 Mach which I didn't really like using in my 05 from heat issues and loss of top end over what I was running at the time.
Just for the heck of it I decided to try it in my 06 yesterday and this kit really, really works well on my 06. Cool to the touch belt and flat out hauls, best combo I have used on my 06 so far..... what took me so long??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you guys for your input on the secondarys,I new there had to be more to this heat problem with the clutches.Just out here there aint alot around for parts.I am going to be looking into Cudney and howards because I here so much good about these guyses kits and R+Ding they do.
JOE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts