Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where have you guys been setting your secondary number to. looking to get more pull out of the hole, seems like my belts slipping? its in numer 3 right now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
rev9 said:
where have you guys been setting your secondary number to. looking to get more pull out of the hole, seems like my belts slipping? its in numer 3 right now.
[snapback]719493[/snapback]​
they're more for adjusting you belt height which will give you a better hole shot. Numbers will change as your belt wears so adjust it so the belts sitting up just past the sheeves. Doo a search for more info.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The higher the number the higher your belt will ride, you want your belt to ride about 1/8 of an inch above your secondary clutches. So adjust properly.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
639 Posts
unless you have the old clutch like I have and the numbers mean nothing. I have a question...I put it on a stand, adjusted the belt, 1/8 above, and the track still doesn't move. I know I've heard a lot of guys adjusting till the track just starts to spin while at idle. How doo you do this if you go past 1/8"...is it ok? Another question...the tighter the belt the more wear at start-ups/warm-ups w/o a stand(puts wear on the primary too) What do you do on the trail? Start it up and ride slow until up to temp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts