Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 09 600 etec renegade and my secondary clutch won't spring back all the way? See pic. Anybody have an idea why and what to do? It seems to spring back about half way, after that as hard has I dare try by hand to squeeze/pull it back it won't budge.??

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
I'm not new
25,743 Posts
Either that or the bolt is starting to back out. It looks like in the pic it is not sitting flush.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
It happen to me The spring is broken at the same time change rollers and pins preferably by your dealer or some one that knows what doing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Friend of mine had this happen to him last year on his 08 TNT after changing belt.The end of spring got jammed up.Doo mechanic shoved in a screw driver and put back in place.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The most important wether it is a spring or roller with the year of your sled do not take any chances just have your secondary clutch rebuild by a professional you will save a lot of worries.I had a roller brake and could not stop was 200KL from trailer the roller fell in secondary and was a total loss,$1000 in damage, was lucky because it was on warranty.Pay know a small bill or pay later and risk bigger damage it is your choice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also have an '09 Renegade 600, and your photo looks like it could be my sled. Of course, I've had no problems with belts or clutch in 8 years.

Read this thread, didn't mess with it myself. I don't have either the specialized tools or experience, and I wanted someone on the hook for a good fix. 2 broken rollers. $320

1 - 16 of 16 Posts