Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Mxzx 440 and my secondary clutch is making some funny noises. When i lift the track up and give it gas the secondary clutch goes wide open of closes right away to grab the belt. of the start it barely moves and clunks like a bitch. Would it be the springs inside or what. Where would i get replacement parts for it. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at lower rpms you can hear it and feel it the most. It started after i was playing in some powder. When you give it hell the engine wines out but the speed isn't there. It clunks mostly off the start. THe secondary just goes wide open and when you let off the gas it sucks right to the belt

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The low speed clunk could be a groove burned in the belt from slipping, I would take it apart, it is easy with the tool, the spring could have broken or is weak. When this happens the belt gets stuck low and will not rise up at slow speeds and it screatches and kicks. My T cat did this until I repalced the spring. I bet if it is not broken it is just whipped and ready to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts