Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2008 rev xp 800r, looks like a roller blew apart in clutch on ride, is the only way to take clutch off sled by going into chain case and remove jack shaft , what tools do i need? is this common

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Yup roler issue common. There is a plug for sprocket to hold it so u dont have to remove cover. But once u get clutch and jackshaft out u need another special tool to dissasamble to get to rollers. Search for homade tools or buy a set from sponsor on here

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
Very common from what I hear. Replaced my stock rollers with high torquer ones before mine broke.

Great time for a good cleaning of chain case, gears and chain and proper adjustment of the chain. Here's a quick overview and other links to help you out.

• If you have electric start, remove battery tray and anything else in it's way to the chain case.
  • Remove speedo sensor connector plug
  • Put couple blocks of wood on left ski to tilt sled towards the chain case (keeps lube flowing in right direction)
  • Loosen chain case bolts and lightly tap with rubber mallet to break seal and allow lube to drain out small hole in belly pan.
  • When most the of lube has drained, remove cover.
  • Clean chain case cover, cover bolts, gears and chain.
  • Pull magnetic tapered plug in chain case cover on lower left and clean metal shavings and reinstall.
  • Loosen the adjuster bolt and remove tensioner arm and lay to side.
  • Pull bolt and washer off top gear, remove the gear then the spacer (lay out in order you pull).
  • Go back to clutch side and remove belt and then the retainer behind the secondary clutch (flange and nut)
  • Back over to chain case side and take a block of wood and place over spline drive shaft and give a decent whack.
  • You'll here a clunk as the secondary, shaft and bearing slide out
  • Remove the secondary and the shaft and mount in a pipe holding vice.
  • Now you'll need to make a secondary tool or buy one to get at your rollers and replace.
    • Make your own:
    • Purchase: lots of vendors here. Can buy new rollers and tools at same place if you like
  • Couple of guides below

Not a tough job at all....just a little time consuming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts