Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here, just signed up.

I have a 2002 renegade 700 RER with a F.A.S.T. M-10 144" skid.

First, does anyone have a main exhaust pipe? mine has a hole where it connects to the Y-Pipe, I've had it welded but its way too thin now and there is a decent size hole. I have a sno stuff can for after the pipe as well that sounds great.

Secondly, my choke cable will pull out easily for half choke and it is very difficult to get it open for full choke. Neither choke settings go back in when the tab is flipped down after the sled is started. I have to lift the cowl and push the tab down where the cable attaches to get the choke to go back in. Anyone have any experience with this? I am going to change the cable and see what that does for me.

Lastly, the last two times i was at camp I had to rely on my backup sled for the majority of the time (1992 tundra...awesome but would rather ride my summit). The bushing that goes between my sliding flange assembly and cam assembly. (item 39 in the attached image) keeps being ripped out and I found it both times sitting under my clutch in the belly of the sled. After it fell out for the first time I cleaned everything up and used the required loctite and let the clutch sit for three days and within three hours of riding it fell back out. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before? Also, does anyone have a secondary clutch assembly that would fit my 2002 700 RER?

Thanks

Attachments

·
2nd Whore in command
102,244 Posts
For the exhaust you might want to check ebay or the classified section here on Dootalk to see if anyone is selling one, or post a "wanted" ad in the classifieds here.

For the choke problem I would take the plungers out of the carbs to see if there is a problem with them sticking in the bore. Might want to check the cables for fraying to.

Not to sure on the secondary problem? Maybe the bushing is worn out and needs to be replaced?

Welcome to Dootalk!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts