Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Advanced Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the diference between these two seats? why did they have 2 different styles on the rev? Which is better? I kinda like the looks of the first one, compared to the one that came on my sled (second pic). OR... Should I just get a 440 race seat? Enlighten me guys!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
the difference is the bottom one has a little storage, the top one dosent. the top one is off of a 03 440x race sled and the bottom one is a consumer seat.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
the difference is the bottom one has a little storage, the top one dosent. the top one is off of a 03 440x race sled and the bottom one is a consumer seat.
The top one is actually from a spring order 04-06 MXZX because it has the pocket on the top. The bottom one has more storage and top one only has a small pocket. They have 2 different seats because one was for the X package to try and make it look better. 440 Seat are hard to find in good shape for reasonable amount but they look a lot nicer.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The top one is the same seat that came on my 04 summit x. The bottom one is just the standard clam shell that came on most of the in-season sleds. The big differance is the plastic base cover at the rear of the seat. Being that seat is on a Gade, that base has a cutout in it to clear the plastic heat exchanger cover. If you want to put the X seat on the Gade you need to switch out that rear cover. I've got both seats and the clam shell has twice the storage as the X seat.
Hope that helps.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,781 Posts
its in yellow back part, its a trunk and top flips up.

·
Advanced Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys!! so would it be smart to swap em out for better looks and sacrifice storage, and is there a market for the standard rev seat??

·
E-Tec Rules
33,781 Posts
there kind is with people now putting rev seat on the older sleds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts