Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 96 formula 3 and its all i can afford now since i am still in high school but i wanna make it the best looking formula 3 of its year on the trail and i was wondering what i can do to put ski doo writtin across the seat to brake up the yellow. will a sticker work? heres the sled

and also what do you guys think my sled would like with a 3 inch riser (its not a ditch banger but its all i got so i have to ditch bang it)

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wow, yeah I would say you need something of a handlebar extension. Don't go too tall with it though. Your steering post might not be able to take a really tall extension. Also gotta check out length of throttle and brake cables. As far as the seat goes. A sticker might work, but only for awhile. Look around your town and see if anyone does fabric work. Sometimes you can get a good deal.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rev2xheart said:
Wow, yeah I would say you need something of a handlebar extension. Don't go too tall with it though. Your steering post might not be able to take a really tall extension. Also gotta check out length of throttle and brake cables. As far as the seat goes. A sticker might work, but only for awhile. Look around your town and see if anyone does fabric work. Sometimes you can get a good deal.
[snapback]747154[/snapback]​
yea i was thinking about a fabric place but what would they use to put it on.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TeamScream670 said:
I would leave the seat and put all black idler wheels on instead of the colored ones...
[snapback]747236[/snapback]​
how much are new idler's and how hard is it to put them in.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
git_er_done said:
TeamScream670 said:
I would leave the seat and put all black idler wheels on instead of the colored ones...
[snapback]747550[/snapback]​
I bought mine from Royal Distributing...the big ones where about $27 a piece and the smaller ones where around $26 a piece (keep in mind this is the wheel, bearing...everything is included so all you have to do bolt them up). They are easy to install. For the rear idlers, just loosen up the track tension and remove the bolt that holds the wheel on. Put on the rear wheels, adjust the track tension, and tighten up the bolts that hold the wheels on. Keep in mind that you may need 3 new idlers for the back because the one in the middle of your rear shaft will probably be slightly larger than the ones you will be buying. Not a big deal, just thought I would make you are of this. The fronts are easier yet...just unblot and install the new ones...

Go to page 152 of the Royal Distributing catalog and at the bottom you will see the idlers (#004-11686 - rears, #004-11688 - fronts) I am referring to.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TeamScream670 said:
git_er_done said:
TeamScream670 said:
[snapback]747550[/snapback]​
I bought mine from Royal Distributing...the big ones where about $27 a piece and the smaller ones where around $26 a piece (keep in mind this is the wheel, bearing...everything is included so all you have to do bolt them up). They are easy to install. For the rear idlers, just loosen up the track tension and remove the bolt that holds the wheel on. Put on the rear wheels, adjust the track tension, and tighten up the bolts that hold the wheels on. Keep in mind that you may need 3 new idlers for the back because the one in the middle of your rear shaft will probably be slightly larger than the ones you will be buying. Not a big deal, just thought I would make you are of this. The fronts are easier yet...just unblot and install the new ones...

Go to page 152 of the Royal Distributing catalog and at the bottom you will see the idlers (#004-11686 - rears, #004-11688 - fronts) I am referring to.

Hope this helps...
[snapback]747640[/snapback]​
ill have a lok into that. thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice sled bro, Definately needs a 2" riser, some lettering on the seat (black or purple) and yellow idlers. I had a '98 Formula Z with that color scheme and it looked awesome. Try Ebay before paying retail. Good Luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
they doo make a paint that will work on your seat I had a local shop put an X on my seat. came out nice and is holding up great. you can see a picture of my seat in my profile

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
IMO I think it would look best if you took all the decals off, and painted absolutely every single thing black, even the swing arms. But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the sugestions guys. i think it would look kool black but i dont wanna do it incase i dont like it. ill look into that paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts