Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone make a seat jack for the ZX chassis? (I want a higher seat...not a two-up seat) Klymaxx makes them for Arctic Cat and Polaris...why not Ski-Doo?

Or can you use a rev seat on a ZX chassis?

What other options (besides the expensive BOSS seat) are there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
new_to_MXZ said:
Does anyone make a seat jack for the ZX chassis?

Thank!
[snapback]706894[/snapback]​
I have a 03 renegade and took the seat off and had our local auto upholstery shop add about 3inches of foam and recover just the top. It looks just like a flat top boss seat now, but 1/2 the cost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dobbs - Funny! I have enough padding down there already! I just would like to sit higher...less knee bend..quicker to stand up.

kargonett - do you have a picture of the seat...before and after your upholstery mod?

·
Registered
24 Posts
simple solution.. 1. look around, and find a steep big ditch.
2. line up to said ditch, and grab a handfull of throttle.
3. go off the ditch bank at a stupidly scary speed.
4. there, now that your pants are full, you should have gained at least an inch. Maybe 2. depending on your last meal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HA HA! Funny!

Seriously folks, I am looking for actual options (options that rational people would do). Let's not turn this into a wasted thread.

·
Registered
123 Posts
new_to_MXZ said:
dobbs - Funny! I have enough padding down there already! I just would like to sit higher...less knee bend..quicker to stand up.

kargonett - do you have a picture of the seat...before and after your upholstery mod?
[snapback]707385[/snapback]​
Sorry, just got back from a weeks riding in the UP. I don't have any pics of the seat but it looks just like the boss. What I did was marked where the seat met the cowl at the gas tank and had the upholstery shop make it flat from the rear of the seat to the tank. It is great for changing from the seated position to standing. It also seems easier on the knees. I can try to get some pics in the next couple days.

·
Registered
244 Posts
kargonett, i would like to see some pictures too if you get a chance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
kargonett said:
new_to_MXZ said:

Thank!
I have a 03 renegade and took the seat off and had our local auto upholstery shop add about 3inches of foam and recover just the top. It looks just like a flat top boss seat now, but 1/2 the cost.
[snapback]707195[/snapback]​
Here are some pics...I hope. First time posting pics. Lets see if it'll work. for some reason I cant get the pictures to load. It keeps saying file size too big, even with just one picture. I tried to compress them and attach them as zip files, but it wont work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
kargonett said:
kargonett said:
new_to_MXZ said:

Thank!
Here are some pics...I hope. First time posting pics. Lets see if it'll work. for some reason I cant get the pictures to load. It keeps saying file size too big, even with just one picture. I tried to compress them and attach them as zip files, but it wont work. Any suggestions?
[snapback]738547[/snapback]​
this i think is the most used program for resizing here on dootalk
pic resize, please bookmark this link

·
Registered
123 Posts
kargonett said:
kargonett said:
new_to_MXZ said:

Thank!
Well I think I figured it out. The pics have to be VERY small files. Sorry guys, I can email the other pics to anyone that wants them. Keep in mind the seat is now a flat top. The risers are 8", 136"X1 3/4" track 800 Renegade.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Code:
kargonett said:
kargonett said:
kargonett said:
new_to_MXZ said:

Thank!
Well I think I figured it out. The pics have to be VERY small files. Sorry guys, I can email the other pics to anyone that wants them. Keep in mind the seat is now a flat top. The risers are 8", 136"X1 3/4" track 800 Renegade.
[snapback]738611[/snapback]​
lets try it again...

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts