Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did get out for 5 days this season and clocked about 1,200km. My sled ran great and had no issues. *knock on wood*

Was hoping to travel a bit this year but saving it for next year.

The trails when I used them were great. Lakes were a slushy and a couple hairy times but never got stuck. AGAIN *knock on wood*

Last time out the lakes hard packed and TONS of traction. Running about 160KPH at times on lake runs. Only 5 days out but I still had a great time!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
My season ended at 5500 miles. Hope to double that next year with 900r.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I managed to rack up 1750 kms for the season locally. Not bad considering the late start to the riding, and blowing / replacing an engine. Normally do a 5 day saddle bag trip during the season somewhere which didn't happen this year because of pandemic restrictions. I thought the trails were very good overall considering the amount of snow we received in southern Ontario and the traffic volume on weekends. Early starts made for great riding.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Great that you got that in with the crappy season we had in Ontario this year, stay safe and hope we have a killer winter next year we're definitely do for a big dump in Ontario again soon lol, I just started getting used to my new to me sled and the seasons over. Last ride this year.
Depends where you are in Ontario. We had a late starts here (Jan 20 first real trail ride) but from then till it got warm he probably had more snow than the last 2 years combined. I did 1800 miles and didn't use the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had a great season, only used the trailer 3 times. The trail crosses my property so it was nice to leave from home. This is the first time in many years that I did most of my sledding locally. Ended up with about 2200Km. Hopefully next year we get more snow earlier and it stays longer.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Not a terrible season for me, put on 4200 km with no issues. We were up in Swisha once this year and stayed overnight at the outfitters in one of their cabins. There was a little more snow and better conditions than the picture above :) Good service too.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Went to the lodge once and royan noranda another time also tried to run 43 to fort cologne but trail ended on logging road.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
On our trip to Le Verendrye outfitters we ran from Shawville on the 43 with no issues other than it was beat up bad on the second day for 90 km. The 43 has never been good to me including going from Swisha up to Timiskaming.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
On our trip to Le Verendrye outfitters we ran from Shawville on the 43 with no issues other than it was beat up bad on the second day for 90 km. The 43 has never been good to me including going from Swisha up to Timiskaming.
Oh I love that swisha run to temiscaming, it's usually the first shakedown run of the year, if there are no trees down. Two and a half hours from the mitzy gas station to the parking at the swisha when the running is good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,628 Posts
We didn't get a ton of snow in our neck of the woods, but once it came, it stayed which hasn't been the case in recent years. I doubled my usual season km, and rode a bunch of trails I have never been on before. And being on the south side of the 401, close to Lake O, I don't often get to ride from home, but I did a bunch this year. All in all, it was a great season.

Now, how many days until snow? I have a new toy I need to try out.

2cbb5a16841cccdb1612271debc0032c.jpg

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
We didn't get a ton of snow in our neck of the woods, but once it came, it stayed which hasn't been the case in recent years. I doubled my usual season km, and rode a bunch of trails I have never been on before. And being on the south side of the 401, close to Lake O, I don't often get to ride from home, but I did a bunch this year. All in all, it was a great season.

Now, how many days until snow? I have a new toy I need to try out.

2cbb5a16841cccdb1612271debc0032c.jpg

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.
Ya you'll love the torque of that 1200, :)

Short miles for me this year, trail's didn't even open until the end of jan, and were pretty much done 1st week of Mar. so i never had my fill this year.

Just cleaned mine , just got to put it in the garage and shut her down, keeping busy and trying not to think about it too much.

163065947_3890228131019958_4999118294667

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
All things considered, it was a pretty decent year for me. Last run was March 15. I would have done a last run to Gaspe, but hard to get people to commit to that this late on the year and last minute.
Hit just under 3200 miles this year with a few saddlebag trips.
Covid really messed things up.
3057e3628a74237aaeb182bf852fa8f7.jpg

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Lakes are getting thin guys. 150 ft of water here. Buddy went swimming
dce42e56d4fae936a516655966283cda.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
How deep is that ? Where was this

Apsley, at least 100 feet deep. Bud says day before was 8 inches of black ice next day only 3. He got it out and back to the cottage.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was able to log about 1200km unfortunately. our local trails were closed by our local health unit. Not a lot of snow. trails were "yellow" all winter. rain and warm temps killed off the snow pretty fast.

Did manage to find some new trails once they opened up. No mechanical issues which was nice.

Did get to pilot buddy new 900T around the lake some. Feels heavy compared to my 850

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts