Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never ran Sea Foam in my sleds, what is everyone's thoughts about this stuff?

All i would do is add some to my fuel tank. How much would you add to a full tank? Would you add some anywhere else?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have never ran Sea Foam in my sleds, what is everyone's thoughts about this stuff?

All i would do is add some to my fuel tank. How much would you add to a full tank? Would you add some anywhere else?

I don't use it on a regular basis, but each sled gets 1/2 a can on the last ride of the season. Works much better than any other fuel stabilizer IMO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use it on a regular basis, but each sled gets 1/2 a can on the last ride of the season. Works much better than any other fuel stabilizer IMO.
So you strictly use it as a fuel stabilizer, i was thinking more towards running the Sea foam every so often just to keep the carbs clean through the winter.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I use it in every other tank,1/2can of sea foam to full tank gas!!!!!!

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
56,483 Posts
This stuff truely works. Like posted earlier a half a can for the last tank of the season.
I just use a small amount in each tank during the season.

I found out about SeaFoam when having trouble with my snowblower. A small 5 hp Techcumsa 2 stage machine that I had gotten when my sister got divorced, anyway it never ran to my to my liking and I was at the auto parts store and some guys were talking how great this stuff was so I decided to give it a try. I bought a can and poured a bunch in the first time I used it for the season and by time it needed fuel there was a noticable diffefence in its performance. It was running smooth and seemed stronger. I've never been one to believe in these additives butI really saw results.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Being fuel goes sour so fast these days, seafoam will help prevent that. If you ride at least every week and burn up a half tank and refill,just a few ounces when you refill is enough. But if you only get out every couple weeks use more as needed. And as above 1/2 can last tank of the season.......good luck

·
GTFOMW
1,044 Posts
My father in law runs this stuff in his modded ZR800...it's a completely different sled without it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Being fuel goes sour so fast these days, seafoam will help prevent that. If you ride at least every week and burn up a half tank and refill,just a few ounces when you refill is enough. But if you only get out every couple weeks use more as needed. And as above 1/2 can last tank of the season.......good luck
Good luck as in how do we know its the last tank of the season?

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
You can get it in an aerosol can too. I fog my sled with it, clean carbs, ect. I agree, it's a good product.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
we run it in everything that takes gas. not every tank but probably every 3rd or 4th in the off road stuff. I think it is as good as stabil but wont treat ethanol so if you have ethanol then the only stuff to get is the blue stabil eth. treatment. steve

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Swear by the stuff. Great for taking the lope /rough idle out of small 4 strokes. Has saved me countless small engine, atv and sled carb cleanings.

Tip of the day...

After a couple of years of trying to remember when and what engine got some last, I finally got smart enough to add it to the 5 gal garage can when I fill it up. Now I know everything in my shop is getting it and the master can isn't going bad either.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
steve

·
Registered
706 Posts
i run startron also i mainly run it in my boat it dissapates water trapped in the fuel it also combats ethanol and cleans. Its great stuff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts