Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping to be selling my '01 MXZ 600 soon so I can get something newer. Based on my budget it will be in the '04-'06 range. I plan to stick w/MXZ. I'm excited to upgrade, but my '01 engine has been trouble free with over 7500 miles. Never had to open the motor. It seems the newer machines are much more troublesome and harder to work on? SDI is fuel injected vs non has carbs, right? I'd be curious to hear thoughts/suggestions on year and type to look for. I saw a '05 MXZ 600 with 2100 miles (no SDI) for about $3800 which sounds pretty good. Are there years to stay away from? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had a 06 600 sdi renegade with over 5000 miles on it...never had any problems with the engine always started and ran perfect,got good gas mileage too!!! efi is the way to go if you can find one in your price range.....good luck & check compression on anything you buy.....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a 06 600 sdi renegade with over 5000 miles on it...never had any problems with the engine always started and ran perfect,got good gas mileage too!!! efi is the way to go if you can find one in your price range.....good luck & check compression on anything you buy.....
thanks for the response breakaway. good call on the compression test. I took a deposit for mine this weekend, so I can go shopping now! No other opions out there??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts