Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys since this winter hasn't exactly been ideal, I'm starting to think about fogging up my sleds for the summer. I got to thinking and realized that the injectors on my mxz 600 SDI have never been cleaned (5000 km's). I clean the carbs on my older mxz 670 at the beginning of every season but I have no clue on how to clean injectors. Can I run a bottle of injector cleaner through like I would in a car or is there a possibility it will damage something in a 2 stroke motor. Should I yank them out and inspect/clean them by hand like I would a carb? Has anyone done this before?

Also does anyone else fog/stabilize their motor/gas for the summer? I've always just started the sleds once or twice a month and let them run for 5 or 10 minutes, but I was convinced by one of my friends to fog the motor and put stabilizer in the fuel.

Any help is appreciated......

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I used gas stable and fogged my SDI last spring and it fired up with no problem this fall. As far as injector cleaner I use a gas line deicer/injector cleaner...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Try Tony at this site, I have sent my injectors from my high performance race outboard to him. He might be able to help you out, on the outboards he flows the injectors and charts them and then cleans them and charts the flow again to give you a before and after comparsion. http://www.brucatosvs.com/

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
BRPforlife said:
Okay guys since this winter hasn't exactly been ideal, I'm starting to think about fogging up my sleds for the summer. I got to thinking and realized that the injectors on my mxz 600 SDI have never been cleaned (5000 km's). I clean the carbs on my older mxz 670 at the beginning of every season but I have no clue on how to clean injectors. Can I run a bottle of injector cleaner through like I would in a car or is there a possibility it will damage something in a 2 stroke motor. Should I yank them out and inspect/clean them by hand like I would a carb? Has anyone done this before?

Also does anyone else fog/stabilize their motor/gas for the summer? I've always just started the sleds once or twice a month and let them run for 5 or 10 minutes, but I was convinced by one of my friends to fog the motor and put stabilizer in the fuel.

Any help is appreciated......
[snapback]749862[/snapback]​
My mechanic recomended sea foam or amsoil PI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.