Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pieced the motor back together this weekend from crank up! I also replaced reeds, fuel and oil filters. I used a six hole base gasket as my stock one was a seven hole. My squish was measured out at .080 . (sounds alittle high?) and i added 600ml of oil 2 the tank fired her up and broke her in. I noticed a bit of a hesitation when a would go full throttle only sometimes, and it seems like it is getting worse especially when hitting the bumps. When i bought the machine this year it would hesitate at full throttle only when i had the engine warmed up and proceeded to ride at full throttle for the first minute of ride, then it would disappear. Every time i would pull up to fill the tank or stop for a second on the trail and turn the sled off then fire it back up this hesitation would reappear but only for a minute? Back to the break-in... I let the 1st tank go down to a quarter tank and refueled with premium, used 100ml of isiolpropyl and changed the new plugs out for fresh ones hopeing the hesitation would disappear as the 1st set of plugs were rich with oil. THE [email protected]#KING HESITATION IS STILL THERE!! Any ideas whats happening with the hesitation and how can i cure this problem

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
I wonder if the sled ever had the fuel pickups shortened.
There were other guys having this simalar problem .
Something about the fuel pickups in the tank being to long from the factory.
maybe some will chime in
The raves are clean right,not sticking?

Rich

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What worries me is that it is still hesitates when the tank is full! I remember that when i take the fuel cap off that it has alot of vacuum suction......shouldnt it have no vacuum? Could this be the cause of the problem? Who the hell knows?

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
What about the fuel tank breather chk valve.Maybe its installed backwards?????? follow the clear tube from the front left shock area back towards the tank.
Rich

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today i had runned seafoam through the machine hoping it would help cure the hesitation...no go. I had took out the fuel pump and had a look at the pick ups, they looked fine. Changed plugs again and went 4 a test ride hoping 4 some kind of a miracle, nada. The engine light started to flash which i assume is a good sign because when i take this lemon in i hope the dealership will be able to figure out what is actually going on.

I have been very patient with this machine, 1st ride 150 k- 2nd ride blown stator- 3rd ride 200k- 4th ride piston down also noticed crank seal going-5th ride break in 150k-now another problem====this sdi is a LEMON...what a heap.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
in2spd said:
Today i had runned seafoam through the machine hoping it would help cure the hesitation...no go. I had took out the fuel pump and had a look at the pick ups, they looked fine. Changed plugs again and went 4 a test ride hoping 4 some kind of a miracle, nada. The engine light started to flash which i assume is a good sign because when i take this lemon in i hope the dealership will be able to figure out what is actually going on.

I have been very patient with this machine, 1st ride 150 k- 2nd ride blown stator- 3rd ride 200k- 4th ride piston down also noticed crank seal going-5th ride break in 150k-now another problem====this sdi is a LEMON...what a heap.

[snapback]708324[/snapback]​
Not sure how your going to fix the hesitation, my 06 600 SDI does the same thing. On fairly smooth trails, it's okay, but if there are some bumps or if I'm riding field & drifts, it does it all the time, seems worse when it is warm out. It's very annoying.

·
Registered
731 Posts
in2spd said:

[snapback]708324[/snapback]​
Mine had a bad vent valve on the tank and the tank sucked completely flat !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The shop had just called, mentioned that the air temp sensor and exaust temp sensor codes flashed. Would these sensors in your opinion make the sled hesitate? Hope this will actually be the solution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.