Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 3100 miles on my 05 SDI and was wondering how often BRP recommends changing the fuel filter.

I have been chasing a lack of power issue and the filter is the last thing I can think of trying. It will lean out quite a bit in the 6000-7500 rpm range, gets to 1275-1300 degrees if held there but cools to 1100 degrees at WOT.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Changed mine beginning of the season,had 6000kms on the sled, gased up at alot of rural stations not sure how much "edit for bad language" got in the tank-filter. It's a very fine filter (microns) to filter all but the smallest particles, my feeling it was cheap insurance ($75) and pease of mind, I guess you won't know untill you change it if it is your problem, however I don't think it is.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Do a search i posted a how to with photo's takes about 15 minutes to do and is very easy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The BRP replacement fuel filters in my opinion are way over priced. I had a CARQUEST Automotive Store cross match the used filter I took out of my 04 600 SDI with their Premium ( Manufactured by WIX) filter. I am sorry I don't have the CARQUEST part numbers due to my sled being up at the cabin. However BRP'S price in the US is around $45.00 - $50.00, CARQUEST price was $3.85 for filter plus $1.50 for two new high pressure clamps. I used the existing rubber hoses on sled.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Shadow637 said:
I've got 3100 miles on my 05 SDI and was wondering how often BRP recommends changing the fuel filter.

I have been chasing a lack of power issue and the filter is the last thing I can think of trying. It will lean out quite a bit in the 6000-7500 rpm range, gets to 1275-1300 degrees if held there but cools to 1100 degrees at WOT.

[snapback]702622[/snapback]​
As far as your temps are concerned my 800sdi that I put in my Renegade project ran those numbers and even higher straight out of the box. I was concerned about it but with no adjustments availabe to me I just adjusted the alarms and pay attention to it and may blip the thottle at times to bring the temps down. I have 1000miles onit now without issue at all types of throttle openigns and conditions.

Chanign the filter seems like cheap insurance if you want tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts