Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got the limitor straps real loose and when i put my weight on the back of the sled it only goes down a few inches (only moves the block) and when i try and force it down it doesnt go anywhere. when i ride it, all it does is just spin the track and i can't get it to hook up, even happens on frozen grass with 144 studs. looking for some help on how to get it loosened up so i can hook up. thanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
MXZRacer700 said:
bump
[snapback]256855[/snapback]​
Remove rear rubber stop. Grind suspension rail so that you can flip the rubber out of the way when you want. You can only do this for racing not all the time. You will not believe the difference. All other times you just leave the rubber stop in normal position.

I have a better drawing at home,but here is a crude one I made here at work with MS paint. It shows rear rubber stop removed so you can see where to grind.

Cheers,

Evel

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evel said:
MXZRacer700 said:
bump
Remove rear rubber stop. Grind suspension rail so that you can flip the rubber out of the way when you want. You can only do this for racing not all the time. You will not believe the difference. All other times you just leave the rubber stop in normal position.

I have a better drawing at home,but here is a crude one I made here at work with MS paint. It shows rear rubber stop removed so you can see where to grind.

Cheers,

Evel
[snapback]257101[/snapback]​
thanks a lot, i'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
MXZRacer700 said:
Evel said:
MXZRacer700 said:
bump

Cheers,

Evel
[snapback]257101[/snapback]​
You just need to remove a small amount.. Just enough so you can flip it out of the way for MAX traction.. Some guys use quick release pins.. I tought about it but did not want to worry about losing one or having to mess with em when your skid is covered with snow..
Let me know how it work for you.

Cheers,
Evel

thanks a lot, i'll give it a shot.
[snapback]257862[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.