Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traveled 11 hours to find good snow, we went to Munising, Mi. I was having a great time until i had premature wear on my hyfax, called the dealer in Christmas, Mi. and they said that they didn't have any and that they were on backorder, so I called the dealer in Curtis, Mi and they said that they were on backorder, so my last resort was to call the doo dealer in Marquette, guess what they were on back order. At this point I am very "edit for bad language" off, so i called my dealer back in Ohio (SAK REC) I told Steve the problem and he said just ride the sled and have a good time, if i ruined the skid that he would take care of it. It made it through the trip but no dealer's around have hyfax for an 05 MXZX SC4 skid in stock because they are all on backorder. the way i see it is Bombardier needs to get their SH#T together. When you pay 8k for a sled they should have wear parts at the dealer in stock. Our season is short to begin with, we you get rideable snow you don't want to wait for parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
wrich64 said:
I traveled 11 hours to find good snow, we went to Munising, Mi. I was having a great time until i had premature wear on my hyfax, called the dealer in Christmas, Mi. and they said that they didn't have any and that they were on backorder, so I called the dealer in Curtis, Mi and they said that they were on backorder, so my last resort was to call the doo dealer in Marquette, guess what they were on back order. At this point I am very "edit for bad language" off, so i called my dealer back in Ohio (SAK REC) I told Steve the problem and he said just ride the sled and have a good time, if i ruined the skid that he would take care of it. It made it through the trip but no dealer's around have hyfax for an 05 MXZX SC4 skid in stock because they are all on backorder. the way i see it is Bombardier needs to get their SH#T together. When you pay 8k for a sled they should have wear parts at the dealer in stock. Our season is short to begin with, we you get rideable snow you don't want to wait for parts.
[snapback]278154[/snapback]​
You had it easier than me - 2 weeks ago I had to convince the dealer in Christmas that they were even different! You can add to the list of incompetence that denied that they exist: Pilgrim Motorsports in Plymouth, Mi; Champion Powersports in Belleville Mi; Rosenau Powersports in Dearborn Mi; Bright in Allen Park Mi, Andersons in Farmington Mi; Nelsons in Greenville Mi.

Congrats to the only Dealers to know that the SC4 had different hyfax: Dee's marine and K&W cycle.

Seymore's in Latham NY had them in stock last week and shipped a set out to me 518-785-1004.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to convince all that I spoke with except the one in Christmas, all of the others said they had them, and I didn't want to drive a couple of hours to find out that they were for the SC3. Sure enough after educating them that it was spring only and the same skid as the 05 Mach Z it was only then that they said OH those are on back order. I don't understand how these dealerships get repeat business when they don't even know what parts go on different models!!!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Welcome to the world of Bombardier Recreational Products.. We as customers have been suffering thru this crap for a number of years. For some reason the people running that end of the corporation just dont get it.. its on my list of reasons to ride another brand.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just got done swapping mine for the first time at 1300 miles. Apparently the same jackass that designed the skid and backordered the hyfax decided to make the windows 1/2 the width of the hyfax. A job that took me 20 minutes every 4000 miles on my Cat just took 1 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
186 Posts
TT670 said:
Welcome to the world of Bombardier Recreational Products.. We as customers have been suffering thru this crap for a number of years. For some reason the people running that end of the corporation just dont get it.. its on my list of reasons to ride another brand.
[snapback]278481[/snapback]​
Its a shame I like the ride of this sled so much or I'd be back on Cat is a second. BRP (and Cat for that matter) is like a crack dealer - you know its going to be bad in the long run but you keep going back cause you like it so much.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Yeah, my dealer said sc-3 also,...after I ruined them I took em back and he had one f-chassis set and I stuck them on..work great, only they are solid block instead of tapering toward the top. Yeah the slides were a mo-fo to get out. I pounded them until they put enough pressure on the track/hole and then tapped the sides of the track around the end of the slider until it popped out like a baby's head! To put the f-chas sliders in I turned em sideways and tapped em 1" through with a mallet and turned them sideways. Initial job took about 4 hours (had to get unstuck sc-3 sliders off first $#@$#@$%%!) next time it will take 20 minutes!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
MaryTylerMorphine said:
Yeah, my dealer said sc-3 also,...after I ruined them I took em back and he had one f-chassis set and I stuck them on..work great, only they are solid block instead of tapering toward the top. Yeah the slides were a mo-fo to get out. I pounded them until they put enough pressure on the track/hole and then tapped the sides of the track around the end of the slider until it popped out like a baby's head! To put the f-chas sliders in I turned em sideways and tapped em 1" through with a mallet and turned them sideways. Initial job took about 4 hours (had to get unstuck sc-3 sliders off first $#@$#@$%%!) next time it will take 20 minutes!!
[snapback]278877[/snapback]​
try a hea gun next time to heat your sliders up before taking them out, makes the job a little easier.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Guys:
Instead of screwing around with trying to get sliders to fit thru windows. Just pul the skid frame and be done. It's not that hard. Best way is to remove all four bolts tip sled on side and pull out skid. When putting it back in compress the front arm and tie down with tie down or rope (keep in mind you have to be able to remove this once you get in tunnel). Skid is far easier to get in track with sled on its side.

·
Registered
483 Posts
PeterK,,, lmao ,, yes there is lots of things like that woman are in that catagory . but a little perspective I am not sticking up for doo at all but the other guys are just as bad I cant wait for honda to come out with a seld but I am sure they will have there problems as well.

·
Registered
862 Posts
prorevpilot said:
Guys:
Instead of screwing around with trying to get sliders to fit thru windows. Just pul the skid frame and be done. It's not that hard. Best way is to remove all four bolts tip sled on side and pull out skid. When putting it back in compress the front arm and tie down with tie down or rope (keep in mind you have to be able to remove this once you get in tunnel). Skid is far easier to get in track with sled on its side.
[snapback]286295[/snapback]​
I had thought about doing that but mine slid out pretty well. Like I said a little heat on those sliders make them slip right out. Only took me about 20 minutes. Who knows, maybe next time I'll try dropping the whole skid, either way it is not bad.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If and when Honda makes a sled, you can be sure that even if they do have problems, they will pale in comparision to the problems of all the other brands. I will be the first in line if Honda makes one.

·
Registered
862 Posts
kanobi said:
If and when Honda makes a sled, you can be sure that even if they do have problems, they will pale in comparision to the problems of all the other brands. I will be the first in line if Honda makes one.
[snapback]286427[/snapback]​
Honda is one tough cookie when it comes to engine durability. If they ever have a sled it will go forever. At least the engine would anyway...

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
I agree with those suggesting that you just drop the skid. It really isn't that difficult but getting it back in can be a two man job, but it ain't that tuff. It's a lot easier to change the slides when it's sitting upside down on a work bench. It's also a lot easier to lube the grease fittings while you're at it and to check the idler wheel bearings. A little tip I learned was to loosen one side and then snug it back up before you break the other side loose otherwise sometimes the axle will just spin inside the shaft.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Yea, dropping the skid is easy on REV. Use an impact wrench and those four bolts holding skid in tunnel will come out with ease.. I can have the rear skid out of sled and on bench in minutes...Also, ythe spring tool from Doo makes easier to get springs hooked again without removing spring hook on rail..

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Think there will be a recall or a fix for this premature hyfax wear?? 400 miles is a weekend trip for most people.

·
Registered
742 Posts
BRP doesn't have the word "recall" in their vocabulary... just another company that doesn't care about it's customers. Their stint at #1 won't last.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts