Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Craig is there someone at BRP you can talk to about this? Or you could even ask them about the complete lack of effort on getting to the questions in the corperate corner. Someone else said it best, BRP is using DOOTALK as a sales tool for its product. If there is no benefit to the dootalk members than why should BRP be allowed to use us to sell its product. I am the first person to say that the consumer can blow an issue out of hand, but with the corperate corner avenue to dispell rumors and solve issues before they become problems skidoo should be ahead of the game instead they are sitting on the bench and watching the other team kick its "edit for bad language"! How long does it take to sit down and type a response to a question? About 5 minutes is how long it took me to ask the question! The longer they wait the more people they will "edit for bad language" off, and we all know BRP won't always have the best sleds on the market what keeps people loyal is how they are treated after they own the product.

And yes I am usually the one who complains about all the bitching on this site but BRP's lack of response on this problem is unacceptable!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I agree. BRP needs to put more effort into dootalk if they want to be part of this forum. Why bother having them if they are only going to respond once in a blue moon? It has been almost a month since they have even answered one question. I know that they need to do their homework before they respond, but a month? Come on. It sounds to me like they ran out of steam, or either they are not taking us seriously. I agree that this needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Two great points! I agree if they don't want to help us, I find no need to help them! I rode with four guys this weekend with the same hyfax problems. Unfortunatly I have not convinced them to be loyal doo talk ees... So if BRP can't help they guys who are at the very least letting them know they have a concern, how about the thousands who don't come to doo talk!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I used to have a ZR 600. When the stock hyfax wore out, I put some green ones on. They lasted 4 rides!!!! I think that since the SC4 comes with mostly yellow hyfax, this may be the same case. The colored hyfax wear extremely fast. This is proven. Try a set of the black ones from an '04. I'm not sure if you even have the black ones or not. If you do, my suggestion is completely useless. Hope your problem gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
761 Posts
chriscrash28 said:
Two great points! I agree if they don't want to help us, I find no need to help them! I rode with four guys this weekend with the same hyfax problems. Unfortunatly I have not convinced them to be loyal doo talk ees... So if BRP can't help they guys who are at the very least letting them know they have a concern, how about the thousands who don't come to doo talk!
[snapback]271117[/snapback]​
You are correct with all these remarks
I think that it has taken BRP a very long time to become the #1 retailer
for snowmobiles worldwide......but they should not expect to keep this #1 title
for very long

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
chynax said:
Hey Craig is there someone at BRP you can talk to about this? Or you could even ask them about the complete lack of effort on getting to the questions in the corperate corner. Someone else said it best, BRP is using DOOTALK as a sales tool for its product. If there is no benefit to the dootalk members than why should BRP be allowed to use us to sell its product. I am the first person to say that the consumer can blow an issue out of hand, but with the corperate corner avenue to dispell rumors and solve issues before they become problems skidoo should be ahead of the game instead they are sitting on the bench and watching the other team kick its "edit for bad language"! How long does it take to sit down and type a response to a question? About 5 minutes is how long it took me to ask the question! The longer they wait the more people they will "edit for bad language" off, and we all know BRP won't always have the best sleds on the market what keeps people loyal is how they are treated after they own the product.

And yes I am usually the one who complains about all the bitching on this site but BRP's lack of response on this problem is unacceptable!

[snapback]271023[/snapback]​
I can't wait to see what Polaris come out with, was riding Poo since 92 problem free. I would switch back the second they have a rider forward sled. Doo has done nothing but build this chassis to keep me loyal. Their parts are expensive and the attitude seems arrogant. But that's just me, when your selling units like they are you can afford to jerk people around.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Musky said:
Not sure if this helps, but I used to have a ZR 600. When the stock hyfax wore out, I put some green ones on. They lasted 4 rides!!!! I think that since the SC4 comes with mostly yellow hyfax, this may be the same case. The colored hyfax wear extremely fast. This is proven. Try a set of the black ones from an '04. I'm not sure if you even have the black ones or not. If you do, my suggestion is completely useless. Hope your problem gets resolved soon.
[snapback]271193[/snapback]​
Yep, SC-III hyfax will not fit on SC-4 rails. I bought Mach-Z hyfax (black in color) and I have 600 miles on my sled and they are REAL thin. I may gamble on one more weekend with them - I may change them this week! The black may have helped a little but definately not up to standards. Was a good idea though

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm at 1300 miles on my yellow, and they are pretty thin but seemed to have stopped wearing. They look about the same now as they did at 700 miles. I've got a spare set in hand for when they go. I have done all 1300 miles with the same group of Cats and they have no wear - so snow conditions are not my issue.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
I understand everyone's points about the lack of BRP support, but I think Craig is doing an has done all he can, and the fact is your complaining won't make BRP do anything different, as much as you want it to make a difference to them I don't think it does. Of coarse if they responded to my post they'd tell you otherwise. Anyway I agree that customer service is the most important and BRP has A LOT of customers now, so the squeaky wheels have increased and they haven't kept up as well as they should. They seem to push everything aside, and they've created a bad perception at the very least of themselves. I don't know how you turn a "edit for bad language" off crowd to a happy one but everyone didn't get "edit for bad language" off with their customer service overnight and they sure as hell can't fix it overnight. While corporate corner seems to be an effort it obviously isn't working for many of you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As I said in my corperate corner post, this is obviously an issue that BRP was not expecting from the SC-4 or they would have made mass amounts of the SC-4 sliders for dealers to have in stock. Not that I would be happy buying and replacing hyfax every 600 miles but I would not be as apt to complain if I had not payed $9000+ for BRP to completely bend me over and ruin my season! Even if I could find a set of hyfax my "edit for bad language" hurts to much to ride now anyway! By the way black sliders are not the fix for this problem, they wear quickly as well! It seems to me that if BRP was able to engineer and build the SC-4 and take our hard earned cash they should be able to trouble shoot this problem and fix it much quiker than this! I hate being the squeaky wheel but I would have a hard time selling Snow Check sleds knowing about this problem and the lack of attention payed to it by BRP!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not mean to say that Craig was doing a bad job or even that he could solve this problem, only that he might tell his contact at BRP about the problem seeing as they obviously are not reading or responding to the corperate corner.
Thanks Craig

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just took a look in the Ask Ski Doo section here. Found 2 posts on first page and 4 on second refering to premature hifax wear. I had my dealer contact BRP on the issue seeing as we are getting no answers here. BRP told my dealer they know of no premature wear issues with the sc4. What is this. I think BRP said we are all a crazy bunch of whiners.

They won't even acknowledge our concerns as real. This is an insult to my/our intelligence, and all the money we spent on these machines. This ones for you Doo

·
Registered
742 Posts
are they just geting thin or wearing to the rail? on my sled 7000 miles(121 sc3) and my brothers sled with 12000 miles (136 sc3) the sliders are very thin but ok. both are oringinal sliders.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
[quote name='Musky' date='Jan 17 2005, 07:37 PM']
[snapback]271193[/snapback]​
[/quotn
I've worn out yellow and black ones no difference at all, what I did notice if you ride in snow they last a lot longer, another killer for sliders is snow with a crust on it, like early in the morning on a mild day. I had an mxz800 whereby I killed the sliders in the first ride, wore them down to within 1/16" of the wear line, they lasted the rest of the season, I could wear them down,go figure. (they were yellow) . Put on 3000miles.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an 05 Renegade X with the 1.75 track and I went through 2 sets in 300 miles last weekend from riding in Northern WI and UP. BRP is saying that the snow conditions were not approriate for this track.

My dealer is ordering a set of Grafix hyfax and are going to add some wheels.

·
Registered
745 Posts
csondgeroth said:
I have an 05 Renegade X with the 1.75 track and I went through 2 sets in 300 miles last weekend from riding in Northern WI and UP. BRP is saying that the snow conditions were not approriate for this track.

[snapback]272298[/snapback]​
Always blaming conditions. I guess it is the easiest thing to do. Let me ask you this. Was there snow on the ground you were riding on? If yes. Sounds like apropriate conditions for a snowmobile to me. Come on own up to it BRP. Enough with the blame game already. Did they tell you what kind of snow conditions is acceptable. I didn't see that warning on any of the 18 warning stickers they stuck on my sled.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
XHO said:
csondgeroth said:

Always blaming conditions. I guess it is the easiest thing to do. Let me ask you this. Was there snow on the ground you were riding on? If yes. Sounds like apropriate conditions for a snowmobile to me. Come on own up to it BRP. Enough with the blame game already. Did they tell you what kind of snow conditions is acceptable. I didn't see that warning on any of the 18 warning stickers they stuck on my sled.
[snapback]272307[/snapback]​
The deeper the lug the more snow is required, except when riding in very mild or exteme cold, I have had 2 1 1/4" lug tracks in my last 2 sleds, they both had very high wear when operating in marginal snow. Previously my largest lug was 1", in that era I can only remember changing sliders once or twice in the last 30 years,I average 5000Kms per year.. I have just changed my sliders in my 05 ren, shot at 1100kms, I screwed them in 8 kms going down a packed snow road.

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
csondgeroth said:

You don't have the SC4 skid in your Renegade X.

·
Registered
79 Posts
XHO said:
csondgeroth said:

[snapback]272307[/snapback]​
I admit in some spots the conditions where marginal (lakes were hard pack) but other than that they were ok. I will also mention the temps were below 0 also.

I just cannot believe they wore that fast. No mention of what the conditons needed to be.

The dealer said that he was seeing alot of Renegades with the same issue including ones with 1.25 tracks.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts