Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so Yamaha had the 07 models on display this weekend and a demo ride going on. Well for one thay Phazer is sooooo awesome looking in person the pics dont tell the whole story this things sweet. So anyways I drool over it awhile and Yami-man comes over and asks if I'm taking a test ride. Couldnt wait till I signed up to go then o-by the way these are the demo's over here the 06 models, yeah thats right no 07 models and no Phazer to try how Retarded. So I sad screw it I was only interested in the Phazer and cant even run it, so I told them they lost a sale I was really liking the sled but was not about to drop 8g's on something this wild without a demo ride. Funny tho as at about 7:00 that morning a whole line of the 07 Yami's and 3 Phazers blew by us on the trail with the Yami-demo guys running them for fun.

·
Closet Doo lover
1,855 Posts
ednpatty said:
Okay so Yamaha had the 07 models on display this weekend and a demo ride going on. Well for one thay Phazer is sooooo awesome looking in person the pics dont tell the whole story this things sweet. So anyways I drool over it awhile and Yami-man comes over and asks if I'm taking a test ride. Couldnt wait till I signed up to go then o-by the way these are the demo's over here the 06 models, yeah thats right no 07 models and no Phazer to try how Retarded. So I sad screw it I was only interested in the Phazer and cant even run it, so I told them they lost a sale I was really liking the sled but was not about to drop 8g's on something this wild without a demo ride. Funny tho as at about 7:00 that morning a whole line of the 07 Yami's and 3 Phazers blew by us on the trail with the Yami-demo guys running them for fun.
[snapback]736528[/snapback]​
They only have a few of them and they are prototypes. Only dealers and press so far (and probably the occassional friend) are able to ride them. I heard a rumor that they were going to get some models out there so people could try them.

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
ednpatty said:
I'd agree with "whats the point". The Phazer is the latest & greatest, and they won't let you ride it?

That would be like Doo offering test rides of the old ZX chassis sleds the year the REV was introduced. The Phazer is new and different - people need to try it and get talking about it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
ednpatty said:
I'd agree with "whats the point". The Phazer is the latest & greatest, and they won't let you ride it?

That would be like Doo offering test rides of the old ZX chassis sleds the year the REV was introduced. The Phazer is new and different - people need to try it and get talking about it.
[snapback]736580[/snapback]​
Thats true, last year they let people ride the 06 protos and they sold lots of them because of it. I guess to their defense none of the other manufacturers will let just anyone ride their protos but since Yamaha did it last year then they should do it this year.

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
jds800Rev said:
MX-Z Man said:
ednpatty said:

[snapback]736580[/snapback]​
Thats true, last year they let people ride the 06 protos and they sold lots of them because of it. I guess to their defense none of the other manufacturers will let just anyone ride their protos but since Yamaha did it last year then they should do it this year.
[snapback]736591[/snapback]​
Agreed again. Polaris is out demo'ing their '07 new release sleds right now. In fact, I plan on stopping at Timberview Polaris today for a look-see.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Polaris has 2 07 models to preview the 600ho Iq and 600ho Longtrack. I got to ride the IQ a few weeks back for 30 miles and am sold on it for sure now. I was waiting to test the Phazer but thats out the window and well the Doo's look to be nothing more than BNG and a lousy 440 seat so unless they have a sleeper under wraps or finally get a model with shocks you dont have to rebuild/revalve out of the crate Polaris has my sale. And for all the Polaris Fusion haters ( I MYSELF AM ONE) this Iq is much more improved and has a awesome ride, while my buddies 06 fuse dragon rode darn good I couldnt get over the big tank like hood style and other details to buy a fusion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was really liking the sled but was not about to drop 8g's on something this wild without a demo ride
Not even close to 8g's. The new Phaser FX can be Spring ordered for $6399 with 3 year warranty 0 down 0 payment till 3/07 plus $400 accessories and on top of that for $250 you can get 2 more years warranty thats 5 YEARS.
As long as you want a 80 hp sled sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
2020 Renegade 850
2,186 Posts
ednpatty said:
Yeah Polaris has 2 07 models to preview the 600ho Iq and 600ho Longtrack. I got to ride the IQ a few weeks back for 30 miles and am sold on it for sure now. I was waiting to test the Phazer but thats out the window and well the Doo's look to be nothing more than BNG and a lousy 440 seat so unless they have a sleeper under wraps or finally get a model with shocks you dont have to rebuild/revalve out of the crate Polaris has my sale. And for all the Polaris Fusion haters ( I MYSELF AM ONE) this Iq is much more improved and has a awesome ride, while my buddies 06 fuse dragon rode darn good I couldnt get over the big tank like hood style and other details to buy a fusion.
[snapback]736954[/snapback]​
I rode my buddy's fusion 600 ho this weekend and it felt like a tank. I found it very hard to handle but I'm not a nig guy either. The engine has decent power but I'm not surprised that he can't beat my ss ... it has a big dead spot down low. He's been playing with the clutching and gearing but had had little success. Are the IQs that different?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I was at the yammie show last night, the phazer is pretty cool but def needs some running board stiffeners (they flex like crazy). What is up with the 1 inch track on the fx? Spoke with a dealer at the show and after I told him what I currently ride he said I would not be happy with the phazer, not in the same league as my current ride. He said it would be a fun second sled though.

·
Closet Doo lover
1,855 Posts
ednpatty said:
Let me see 7199 price plus prep etc then tax then registration about 8g's when your done.
[snapback]740816[/snapback]​
You said $8300. Even if your tax rate was 10% that'd only be $7920. And that's if you're stupid enough to pay the straight retail. I've already seen FX's advertised for 6600ish. A regular Phazer is $6300. and I've already seen them in the 5000's. Get your facts straight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts