Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mis place where they mention save hyfax use by rake s pring to save hyfax and some peoples say go to tsc farm store buy rake spring , i didnt get how figure out use rake spring .. could you show me picture of it thank Rocky

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Ice chips will get sprayed into skid if they would unhook the spring and let it drag in the icy trails!

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
This is commomnly used out west.........they are called "scratchers"

Western Power Sports sells kits I beleive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Rocky, those are usually sold and used under the name "Ice Scratchers". You can get them through many different vendors, but I have never heard of going to TSC and buying a "rake spring". I would assume they use this spring you are talking about on hay rakes. Might be the same thing, who knows. Mountain guys have used these for years on low snow trails to the riding areas to keep the sleds cool by kicking up ice chips when the scratchers are lowered. The picture you posted has the scratchers up. Mountain guys also like to remove all the idler wheels from the skid to remove weight. Again, check out your picture. The idlers are gone. Having no idler wheels in low snow puts alot of stress on the slides, so the scratchers help keep the slides lubed, which is what you were wondering about. So yes, they should help save your slides.

Aux

1 - 8 of 8 Posts