Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this and what does it do?
Is it like a new plug or can it fix a fouled plug because i have a blaster and it would be cheaper than buying new plugs everytime they foul out.

·
Registered
756 Posts
you could also try sanding the electrode with some fine sandpaper or emery cloth. then clean it out with some ether, and you're good to go
I have had good results doing this, just make sure that gap is still alright when you're done.

are you talking about the mini blasters specially made for plugs? I was thinking about getting one of those.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the tip. I have a cabinet blaster not a plug blaster unfortunately but it does clean them nice I just don't think it makes them back to par again because I tried a couple A-8 that fouled out and they worked after I blasted them but only for a little while so I don't know if I should've blasted them a little better or if blasting is a bad idea and I should stop being cheap and just buy new plugs.????/

Just Pondering?

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you clean old plugs sometimes they work and sometimes not, what I used to do is to heat the end of the plug with a propane torch until it turns red then let it cool.
the key is to have lots of used, cleaned plugs with you- they never work as good as new, but if you have your pockets full of them you can go a long ways

1 - 4 of 4 Posts