Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello newbi here, I just recently picked up a safari 377 guy told me its a 1990 but im not really sure and I need to try and get some parts for it but don't wanna get them for wrong year, Im wondering if theres any way to tell the year, its got a flip up headlight in the hood. thanks

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
56,515 Posts
My 81 has the flip up headlight but my 89 does not.

·
56,515 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the site!

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,976 Posts
Pics? We have an '87 and it's yellow with black tunnel, black graphics and pop-up light. The '86s were the same as above except the tunnels were bare aluminum. The '88s were the same as the '87s except the graphics were blue. I think by '91 they were called Safari Scouts. I don't think the running gear changed much over the years though.

·
56,515 Posts
My 89 has the raw aluminum tunnel and is actually a Safari Scout 377E. The pop up headlamp is one of the few differences between them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks, I will take some pics and put them up see I would just take the serial # off the tunnel but its not visible, and I don't have an ownership for it, picked up 2 of them 1 for parts for 200 bucks, guy got tired of messing with it, put new plugs in and runs good then fouls a plug so I was thinking ignition coil maybe?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
maybe you could look on the engine plate as well to make sure of the engine because someone could have made a swap or change over the years. there is lots of good info and help in the vintage forum here on dootalk too, welcome. good luck with your project.

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,976 Posts
Is there a manufacture plate still on the tunnel near the right foot well? If there's a date on there, it will be the following year's model (e.g. Aug. 1986 = 1987 model).

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
what parts are you looking for , not much change over the run of this model .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking for a ignition coil, put new plugs in and runs great then fouls 1 and runs like crap did a compression check and think its good was bout 115 for both, if I did it right.( took both plugs out and 5or 6 pulls with throttle wide open.) and seen a post on here in the vintage section bout someone with relatively the same problem so figured it prob is the ignition coil. found 1 new for 30 bucks so we shall see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts