Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of oil should go in the RV Bottle to lube bottom end..! i use Klotz premix in my gas should i use the same in the bottle!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ski doo recommmended Blizzard Oil or Castrol Super Snowmobile Oil in the RV bottles.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I like what Rv crazy said about this use something different than your premix so if it is leaking you can smell it.
This was my quote from a previous post............I use KLOTZ in all my machines as a pre-mix cause I love the smell and protection quality of the high rev motor pistons. KLOTZ as my pre-mix and Mobil 1 synthetic in the oil reserve bottle so to protect that brass gear and mating surface of crank gear in a bath of oil located in the cases..If they happen to mix due to poor crank seals, you have issues and you will smell it. If the Mobil 1 oil sneaks past the seals and burns, it really smells bad when it burns....if your exhaust continues to smell like Klotz in your RVs, you are in good shape....

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
So the RV tank gets reg motor syn oil. i tought it just got 2 stroke oil??
The RV tank/reservoir bottle works only as a lubricant for the crank and brass rotary gear to stay cool, not meant to be burned....The 2 stroke oil is to be mixed with gas to be burned in the carbs......

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
good to know, i thought RV used 2 stroke oil as a lube?
yes, you can use 2 stroke oil as a lube. Most people run whatever they use as per-mix with their gas as the lube in the oil reserve bottle. I was just telling you if you run something different in the bottle, you can determine if you have leaky crank seals because it will stink bad compared to your normal exhaust smell just burning Klotz for example........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts