Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a magneto housing where the starter cup bolts on a dealer said that one from a 503 is the same for my 340 rv has anyone tried this out. Thks

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't think a 503 is the same if you are talking type 345 RV free air. Can you give a little more information as to what sled motor your looking for the flywheel?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
looking for a magneto housing where the starter cup bolts on a dealer said that one from a 503 is the same for my 340 rv Thks
Not a chance

·
Registered
818 Posts
No a 503 is not going to fit. Are you looking for just the aluminum part that holds the magnet ring? It also has the steel taper hub in it? Is your bolt holes stripped where the starter cup bolts on? They make step stud in that I've used to tap the flywheel to the next size and it will still fit the starter cup. Then I lock tight the stud in the flywheel.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No a 503 is not going to fit. Are you looking for just the aluminum part that holds the magnet ring? It also has the steel taper hub in it? Is your bolt holes stripped where the starter cup bolts on? They make step stud in that I've used to tap the flywheel to the next size and it will still fit the starter cup. Then I lock tight the stud in the flywheel.
yes where the starter cup fits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts