Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I bought a Mach Z 800 in November. It was used, but only had 1000 miles on it. It has been a great sled so far this year, but I am experiencing a problem that I simply can't figure out.

As of a month ago, the rubber on all my bogey/idler wheels is tearing off. I first noticed one of my front wheels missing about half the rubber so I replaced it. I went back to my cabin a couple weeks later to ride and noticed that two of the front wheels were missing rubber. I rode anyway and just took it easy, but a few hours a later when I got home, I checked and the inner wheels were missing rubber too.

I thought it could be the trail conditions (some were dirty), but the other sleds I've been riding with this year have not had any problems with their tracks or wheels. My studs look okay too! Any ideas what could be causing this??? I am going to replace all the wheels this weekend, but don't want to have them all get tore up by the end of the weekend!

Thanks in advance for for any ideas y'all might have

Rob B

·
Registered
697 Posts
rbrass38 said:
Hi All,

I bought a Mach Z 800 in November. It was used, but only had 1000 miles on it. It has been a great sled so far this year, but I am experiencing a problem that I simply can't figure out.

As of a month ago, the rubber on all my bogey/idler wheels is tearing off. I first noticed one of my front wheels missing about half the rubber so I replaced it. I went back to my cabin a couple weeks later to ride and noticed that two of the front wheels were missing rubber. I rode anyway and just took it easy, but a few hours a later when I got home, I checked and the inner wheels were missing rubber too.

I thought it could be the trail conditions (some were dirty), but the other sleds I've been riding with this year have not had any problems with their tracks or wheels. My studs look okay too! Any ideas what could be causing this??? I am going to replace all the wheels this weekend, but don't want to have them all get tore up by the end of the weekend!

Rob B

[snapback]730194[/snapback]​
Check your hyfax for wear. Try tightening your track a bit. My buddy has a 98 mxz that's going through the same issues. Also, check your bulkhead to make sure your studs aren't racking them. They caused my buddie's backer plates to bend, and eat the snot out of the rubber on the wheels.

·
Registered
286 Posts
went throught the same thing with a mach rubber was always coming off .doo wheels are crap !! picked up some plastic kimpex wheels never had a problem since .that was way back in 97 ,sled still has the same wheels on it ,two differnt owners since that .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
intensert said:
rbrass38 said:
Hi All,

Rob B

[snapback]730194[/snapback]​
Check your hyfax for wear. Try tightening your track a bit. My buddy has a 98 mxz that's going through the same issues. Also, check your bulkhead to make sure your studs aren't racking them. They caused my buddie's backer plates to bend, and eat the snot out of the rubber on the wheels.
[snapback]730314[/snapback]​
Thanks, I will check all this and see.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steve said:
went throught the same thing with a mach rubber was always coming off .doo wheels are crap !! picked up some plastic kimpex wheels never had a problem since .that was way back in 97 ,sled still has the same wheels on it ,two differnt owners since that .

[snapback]730458[/snapback]​
Thanks. I'll hit Spicers and see if they have those types of wheels.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts