Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now 300 km at my rt1000 and have big problems with my drive belts.1 drive belt broke at 270 km on a long pull. second belt blow at 30 km,and some of the belt went in the driveshaft inside of the primary.It destroyed the plastic ring that is suppose to seal the engine from air and dust.Now the hole engine must be taken appart to put this on again.It seem that there are a clutching problem with mine since the clutch are warm as hell.It holds 7900 rpm and i have around 80 km\h on the belt when i climb step hills.Have anyone tried to change the gearing on these sleds mayby 1 theet down in the chainchase please help

·
Registered
307 Posts
No gearing change on mine although I do have the high altitude clutch kit installed. I have 300 miles on the original belt and it still looks good. I've climbed some monster mountains with it and I never felt any slippage so I am happy.

The only thing I can see that seems amiss is that when I descend a very steep hill, I can sense the back-shifting cannot compensate for the weight. I can feel the belt slipping on the secondary.

Good luck with your repairs. Sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HighMarker said:
No gearing change on mine although I do have the high altitude clutch kit installed. I have 300 miles on the original belt and it still looks good. I've climbed some monster mountains with it and I never felt any slippage so I am happy.

The only thing I can see that seems amiss is that when I descend a very steep hill, I can sense the back-shifting cannot compensate for the weight. I can feel the belt slipping on the secondary.

Good luck with your repairs. Sorry to hear about it.
[snapback]279815[/snapback]​
Yes i`m sorry too.I will talk to my dealer today and ask what they will do with it.Maybe i should have tried a mach z secondary since it has a roller on it maybe it runs cooler have anyone tried it.But i think regearing will solve it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TomIvar said:
What clicker are you on?
[snapback]280564[/snapback]​
Have tried 3 4 5 but only 4 holds it at 7900 but that dosent solve anything cause clikcer only hepl to have the right max rpm. It needs to regear or a new clutch setup

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was thinking of the machZ1000SDI, they had some issues with clicker settings. Maybe its the way you ride, from sealevel to 3000 feet straight up, full throttle....LOL Bernt and the boys need to sort this one out....

//Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TomIvar said:
I was thinking of the machZ1000SDI, they had some issues with clicker settings. Maybe its the way you ride, from sealevel to 3000 feet straight up, full throttle....LOL Bernt and the boys need to sort this one out....

//Tom
[snapback]280709[/snapback]​
Its build for climbing then i expect that it holds together on long pull like this. I talked to Bernt today and he should order the parts he needed.So we will se what they do

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lyngenalps said:
I have now 300 km at my rt1000 and have big problems with my drive belts.1 drive belt broke at 270 km on a long pull. second belt blow at 30 km,and some of the belt went in the driveshaft inside of the primary.It destroyed the plastic ring that is suppose to seal the engine from air and dust.Now the hole engine must be taken appart to put this on again.It seem that there are a clutching problem with mine since the clutch are warm as hell.It holds 7900 rpm and i have around 80 km\h on the belt when i climb step hills.Have anyone tried to change the gearing on these sleds mayby 1 theet down in the chainchase please help
[snapback]278706[/snapback]​
My first belt exploded at 380km and my second has started to fall apart after another 100km and I´ve never had those problems on my 600 and 800 Summit Rev. I agree with you Lyngenalps, arent they built to climb?

I showed the pieces to my dealer and he said the belt had overheated and that theres not much to do. If this continues I´m gonna wear out about ten belts this winter. Retailing at $190 here in Sweden that makes something like 2 grand.

Does anybody know about any aftermarket belts out yet? Gates maybe? If you find something out, PLEASE let me know!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Come to think of it, my high altitude clutch kit comes with the roller secondaries like the Mach. I wonder if this is why I'm not having any belt problems?

It's something to consider ...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Put 1000 km on mine before it delaminated. Went down one tooth on the top and it seems to be pulling better, I will know better when we get more snow! Rene

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Us guys with the Machs are having trouble to, our belts aren't blowing but they are out of adjustment at about 500 miles. Belts are way to expensive to be having any trouble. Doo needs to step up soon!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to my dealer today and he said we should try to gear it down 1 tooth and hopefully it will get better.So thank you Lyngen Mek you really try to do your best for us customers. Icant wait to see what happens when we go for 22 teeth on the small sprockhet.I will give full report when i have tested you bet on it

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
HighMarker said:
Check out this alternate thread to see if you want to test an inexpensive alternative belt.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=285147
[snapback]285155[/snapback]​
Try making your secondary clutch float on the splined shaft. I've been running mine this way for a year now with 2000km's on my second belt. Blew the first and only one at 600 km's. This way any belt alignment issues will go away as the engine torques. Do a search on 'Belt wear' and look for the clutch spacer. Don't knock it till you try it......I've climbed some ugly steep hills, come down and the clutches were only moderatly warm and not frying egg hot like yours will be.....Granted, I only run a little 800, but you will see positive results.....

Gearing down will be a big help too.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts