Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

RT Summit 1000 starts for about 2 seconds...HELP!

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  shadam zeni 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, Looking for a little insight here. I took out my 05 summit 1000 sdi for a little ride (5-10 min at slow speeds) and on the way back it seemed to bog down so I gave it some throttle for about 10 seconds (5500-6000 rpm) and it ran great but when I let off the throttle it bogged again and shut off. When I tried to restart it will act like it will start, but then shuts off. If I hit the rer button I can hear the fuel pump thumping like usual. Anyone have any suggestions what to look for?

Thanks,

#2 ·
First thing I would check would be the battery, these sdi sleds are awesome but the battery can cause a lot of different problems if they are not fully charged or if they are going bad.

#5 ·
Stock or upgraded pump?

I had my stock pump fail and still make sound. I would also unplug the low pressure pump and listen ( fuel cap off ) for the high pressure pump.

Any recent mods?

Easy stuff , check spark.

Unplug the kill switch and try to start.

Fuel, is it fresh?

Clean the E-raves ... they need it twice a season in my opinion. I cleaned mine like this and never had any issues.

E-rave bogs are super easy to spot, valves open right around 6,500 ... if they do not open the sled will fall on it's face at 6,500-6,700. But this will not prevent the sled from starting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.