Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who thinks rt man should just sell his rt1000 and find something he likes. Technology is all over the rt 1000, its a great machine, it could use a diet, yes but what stock sled is gonna compete with it. At $300 more than a poo900 166" is it really that out to lunch on pricing. Remember those things are 46 lbs more than stated too. I guess all the sled manufacturers should give everyone their money back and shut their doors. Think before you type!

·
Registered
321 Posts
rt1000 you must work BRP because everyone I know that gets scammed is usually angry. And not so willing to except it. I think I'm right and I know many other RT Summit victims of the scam feel the same way. Maybe you want to buy my sleds I will gladly sell it to you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ya and a few of the posters joined the day before to post, etc, I'm skeptical that the same person may be behind a couple names, if that's possible,,, Or maybe just an alter ego to complain from,,,

I think he's just p$ssed at Doo or Dealer, and either trying to get revenge on BRP for the Summit problems or something else, or just trying to see if he can stir up enough shet to pressure Doo into offering something more. I don't think even he expects a refund, or a 50# weight reduction package free of charge (mabey for 1K from doo, at cost), but power to him to try (squeaky wheel,), but the posts are getting a little old IMHO. But I think our complaints to dealer did get up the 2nd year warantee.

As stated before, I too was disappointed in weight, but I don't think this much anger or starting a lawsuit is warranted. If you had wanted to start a more civil campaign to try and get some realistic concessions from BRP, that would have been of more interest to me. I'm older (38) and maybe too complacent,,,

If he does get everybody the 50# diet package for free, wow, will we look stupid,Eh?!?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I dont know about summits but us mach guys were only promised 163hp and we all got 170-174 so whats teh big deal. if you figure that into the hp/lb calculator its about what u paid for! I know my mach exceeds my expectations and with a few parts its downright scary.
read the fine print and give up the whining please.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I fell that he and all the other riders have a right to complain.....that is how sleds get better....yes selling his 1000 might be the thing for him to do but I personaly hope that if he does sell it he goes and gets a Summit 800.

RT i would just like to say thanks for the post and yes at times they can be a bit overwhelming but nevertheless I think that all these posts, by you and everyone else will help Skidoo build the biggest and baddest mountain sled possible.

AND NO I DONT NOT WORK FOR BRP

·
Registered
87 Posts
We did get more h.p. than advertised which would make up for the extra weight. No body is complaining that they got too much horse power that wasn't advertised.

·
Registered
38 Posts
freakshow talks about reading the fine print yet can't add
529 lbs and 163 is not the same as 571 lbs and 170 hp
529 \ 163 = 3.2453987730061349693251533742331
571 \ 170 =3.3588235294117647058823529411765

that is still heavier than listed and for me i would have been way better off with the sled that was 40 lbs lighter!
i figure the 7 horsepower can be bought for pennies on the dollar compared to weight loss of 40 lbs

just my $0.02 worth

maybe i am wrong and if so tell me how to remove the weight without spending a fortune, as i am a little light on extra cash aftre shelling out the dough to buy this thing in the first place.
already removed all of the extra plastic,foam,drilled track,removed idler wheels,installed 2 inner 9" big wheel kit,can on the way,simmons skis, and the swaybar.
if any other ideas i would like to hear them
not trying to bash skidoo at all just a little "edit for bad language" about 40 lbs over stated weight that's all, otherwise overall love the sled
the lightweight kit at cost even sounds better than skidoo ignoring all of us

·
Registered
111 Posts
snowbyrd, Remove: Plastic clutch cover, metal vent covers on rear of side panels, remove wing over airintake, remove scoop on right panel, remove wind gaurds near your knees, remove rear light bracket, remove rear heat exchanger, gut outer airbox, get smaller battery. and put a can on it now you getting close to the 40# the sled was overstated by.

P.S. screen all the vents for powder riding so you dont start adding wt as you ride.
The inside of these sleds can collect alot of snow/ice.

....MAX

pss, how'd you like the ltwt rev panels?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Forgetting also that the extra weight of the Summit makes it harder to sell and lowers the resale price. I'll take 9,000 for my Electric Start 1000, with Gold Finger lefty, Holtz ice scratchers and Water temp gage.

·
Registered
321 Posts
rt 1000 you you said you don't even own an RT summit so please stay off this thread I don't need you negative imput.

·
Registered
527 Posts
my buddy... says why waste money to lose weight... just go on a diet... darn
joev
p.s. she is always right

·
Registered
38 Posts
removed all that extra crap that i could think of but was planning on loosing those pounds when i thought it would be 30 pounds more than the 800

besides that most everybody removes all that crap from the 800 also so the extra 48 pounds is a big deal to me
i still would have bought a skidoo it would have been another 800 though given the hindsite
o well live and learn i guess

·
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.....
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
here is the actual weight 591 pounds with 1/2 tank of oil and full of coolant. i got this from a certified scale. the way i did it was to go to the scale with a full tank of gas 68.25 pounds, drive it on the scale, turn it off and go in the office. then subtract the weight of gas at 6.5 pounds per gallon. i have to add, this weight is after i removed the foam and stabilizer, bypassed and removed the rear radiator, short tracked it to a 144 [7 lbs. differance] so reallity about 605 dry, est weight 529. by playing with the suspension you can make them fill a lot lighter, one thing for sure there not lacking on power, and no other brand that has wanted to run me has even come close. you will have to learn to live with it or loose alot of money on a trade. like i read from a yamaha owner reallity sucks

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
This post was over and dead. Everyone moved on. Why was it brought up again?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Because my 1000 STILL does not run correctly nor has BRP done anything about it, You obviouslly did not spend $11,000 on a new sled that doesn't work, If you had you would be joining us in our struggles and scanning the forums for any hint of an answer to make it work. I'm sorry you are offended but we must cry somewhere because BRP won't even respond, So please put your self in our shoes for a while and think about how you would feel if someone ripped you off for 11g's. Thank you, and please keep youre 2 cents in your pocket.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts