Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
All was well until I read that last sentence.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the info we will see tomorrow have to take mine in to Ron Hallstrum in woodruff Wi and have those checked out all so pluged my demp. and put rip saw on and goodwin clutch kit hope this baby flies have to run a 05 800ho, 05 Rx-ton, 04f-7

·
Registered
507 Posts
recommend semi synthetic not xps2? Use semi do not use synthetic?owners manual and stickers on sled said synthetic or blend,confused

·
Registered
519 Posts
Treat the sled like a Toy and Beat the hell out of it.... I got 8 hours 250 miles and same PLugs I ran 119mph on Gps and I run $20 a gallon AMSOIL ON IT...

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
fastmandoo said:
Treat the sled like a Toy and Beat the hell out of it.... I got 8 hours 250 miles and same PLugs I ran 119mph on Gps and I run $20 a gallon AMSOIL ON IT...
[snapback]263335[/snapback]​
Plugs that are fouling on cold start up are not oil fouled, in my opinion, but gas fouled. Engine was running fine and then shut down and not started for at least a couple of hours. Then shortly after start if you let it idle it fouls the PTO side. From what I am hearing and my own personal experience it has mainly been the PTO side that fouls. I have 330 miles on my sled and am still running the original plug on the MAG side. 4 plugs have gone into the PTO side.

·
Registered
169 Posts
MachZ990 said:
fastmandoo said:
[snapback]263335[/snapback]​
Plugs that are fouling on cold start up are not oil fouled, in my opinion, but gas fouled. Engine was running fine and then shut down and not started for at least a couple of hours. Then shortly after start if you let it idle it fouls the PTO side. From what I am hearing and my own personal experience it has mainly been the PTO side that fouls. I have 330 miles on my sled and am still running the original plug on the MAG side. 4 plugs have gone into the PTO side.
[snapback]263670[/snapback]​

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE "BR8ES" AND THE "BR8ECS" PLUGS

·
Registered
307 Posts
The "C" in BR9ECS stands for "Chamfered".

The chamfer was added at BRP's request to remove the right angle edge of the grounded rim closest to the electrode. During testing, it was observed that this fine right angle edge would absorb the most heat and would glow red in extreme conditions. This was the root cause of extreme condition engine detonation and melt-downs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts