Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm about to buy a 2005 rt 1000 162.
It is brand new with all the up dates and was just wondering what you guys think i should do to this unit. The first thing i will do is get a light wieght can and remove the rear cooler. But after that i'm open to all help.

Also i hear then are a bit on the heavy side and whats the best way to lighten it up a bit. I think i can handle this unit as i am 6-4 and 235.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Okay, 1st things to do after the can and cooler removal.

1) Remove black plastic piece from clutch cover. And remove knock out panels on side panels.
1.5) Install tunel brace, either Doo, or Specialty Sleds (or its Taco Time)
2) Remove front sway bar.
3) Drill track.
4) Roller secondary (either 06 Doo, or Team).
5) Install Boondocker (or TFI) control box, to lean out engine.
6) If you are a big guy, get a Boss seat, 3" taller.
7) Remove inner and outer wheels on skid, install scratchers.
8) High Compression domes.
9) Skis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
dododreamer said:
Well i'm about to buy a 2005 rt 1000 162.
It is brand new with all the up dates and was just wondering what you guys think i should do to this unit. The first thing i will do is get a light wieght can and remove the rear cooler. But after that i'm open to all help.

Also i hear then are a bit on the heavy side and whats the best way to lighten it up a bit. I think i can handle this unit as i am 6-4 and 235.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

[snapback]740568[/snapback]​
I have this sled, a black 162X that I checked. I removed the swaybar. installed a Top Secret Performance can, Titanium A arms from Altertative Impact www.alternativeimpact.com (beautiful units) 10" big wheels from the same guy, Boondocker controller, removed cooler, Hiperfax slides, Simmons ski's

I like the sled and the Doo updates really helped, still heavy though, need to get another 40 lbs off but not sure how except to diet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Depends how much you're willing to spend on lightweight parts.....carbondaddy has some CF chassis & other parts such as panels,hood,clutch cover,skid plate,windscreen,etc. Great quality, but a little pricey. As for a seat, Mountain Mod makes a great seat(6" higher than stock) & quite a bit narrower than a boss seat(a little cheaper also) IMO.


Murray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
I removed the rear cooler and the tailight/rack assembly and replaced with small LED light. Tore out all the foam. Gutted outside airbox. I may put the swaybar back in thou,, ,after riding it a bunch I think I'd be happier with it in. The wheels are back in too after a set of burnt out sliders on a poor trail. Be careful if you remove the wheels,,, The snow had some gravel in it so I left the scratcher up for a couple miles on a so-so trail and the slides were gone. MOD skis, TSS can and maller 9.25 risers, small shield, 06 roller (roller really helped),,, 20 tooth top sprocket. good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Hey Doodiesel;

How did you get Hiperfax slides for your 162? I had an email exchange with Paul @ Hiperfax and he told me the slides for my 162 Summit "Ain't gonna happen" this year?

Also, how you like the Simmons skis on the 1K? My dealer says that they are not agressive enough nor have large enough footprint for the front heavy 1000's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
dododreamer said:
Well i'm about to buy a 2005 rt 1000 162.
It is brand new with all the up dates and was just wondering what you guys think i should do to this unit. The first thing i will do is get a light wieght can and remove the rear cooler. But after that i'm open to all help.

Also i hear then are a bit on the heavy side and whats the best way to lighten it up a bit. I think i can handle this unit as i am 6-4 and 235.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

[snapback]740568[/snapback]​
Get rid of everything you don`t need of use because whats the point of having it it just builds weight like the windshield and the tail light thing on the back!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
BankBuster said:
I removed the rear cooler and the tailight/rack assembly and replaced with small LED light. Tore out all the foam. Gutted outside airbox. I may put the swaybar back in thou,, ,after riding it a bunch I think I'd be happier with it in. The wheels are back in too after a set of burnt out sliders on a poor trail. Be careful if you remove the wheels,,, The snow had some gravel in it so I left the scratcher up for a couple miles on a so-so trail and the slides were gone. MOD skis, TSS can and maller 9.25 risers, small shield, 06 roller (roller really helped),,, 20 tooth top sprocket. good luck
[snapback]744103[/snapback]​
What exactly do you mean by GUTTING the airbox?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
I just took all the crap out of the outside air box, I think there was foam and a baffle in there with some tubes if I remember right. I also trimmed back the horn or plastic right under the air filter so it hopefully flows a little better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have done everything everyody has said, and they are all good mods, but the most inpressive would have to be the 70 horse of Boss Nos
Trust me, its all white nuckle riding from there on out!!
 

·
On the prowl for POW
Joined
·
1,254 Posts
deep&steep said:
I have done everything everyody has said, and they are all good mods, but the most inpressive would have to be the 70 horse of Boss Nos
Trust me, its all white nuckle riding from there on out!!
[snapback]755994[/snapback]​
do yoo have any pictures you could post so i could drool
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top