Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Hopefully someone has some input for me, this is driving me nuts.

Last year I had a thread going (http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/492050-rpm-problem/) to try and solve it, but never found a solution.

I've got a 1.5" ripsaw track with 1.625" studs ->traction is not a problem.

I've also got a 200/290 primary spring, a 43/47 helix and stock secondary spring (green) and geared down to 24/45.

The problem is that when I pin it (wot) from stop, the sled will hit 8000 rpm, then instantly drop to ~7500rpm's (it feels like it's falling on it's face), and will then try to 8000rpm again, sometimes it'll make it to 8000 and hold, and sometimes it drops right back to 7500rpm and tries again.

It happens in any snow condition - powder, loose snow on ice, hard pack, heavy snow, etc... it doesnt happen every time I go WOT, but it does it more often than not.

I've checked and I have proper belt deflection. I'm at a loss here and need some help.

Thanks,

Frank

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check your primary spring an make sure it is not sticking in the cup just pull the clutch apart an put the spring one hand an the cup in the other an put them together an turn it back an forth to make sure it does it easy if it does'nt use another spring but also check before you install it

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Primary spring is fine, just checked it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Take it out and see what happens at 80% throttle. Do not go to WFO and watch the difference. I am guessing yours is doing the same thing the 800 etecs are after the great new reflash Ski Doo gave us and it is running against the Rev limiter and a second limiter takes over and pulls it back. PM me with your results this sucks!!!!!

I had to put a lot of excess weight in the primary to keep it off the limiter, it runs now but it shifts like a lake sled not a trailburner the way I want it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried at random throttle positions, it seems to only start when the throttle is at about 60 or 70%. If I speed up slowly from stop, it wont do it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I tried at random throttle positions, it seems to only start when the throttle is at about 60 or 70%. If I speed up slowly from stop, it wont do it.
Click it up to 6, find the RPM where it starts pulling back and add weight so it will stay 100 rpm below that # and run on clicker 3.

Don't be surprised if it really takes some weight to stop it. Sucks to have to do this but its the only way to run consistent RPM.

My 8 is at 25G, backshift sucks but ..............

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy christ that sucks.

I wonder why other guys who have the exact same clutch setup as me don't have this problem? :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts