Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a set of 2" rox risers on the way. I noticed in Rev Riders how to for these that you need to purchase an additional part to make this work. Somebody told me that now they were bolt on and go and no additional parts are needed ,anybody mount a set of rox lately?
Thank You
Charlie

·
SUPER DAVE
5,416 Posts
charlie said:
Hi,
I have a set of 2" rox risers on the way. I noticed in Rev Riders how to for these that you need to purchase an additional part to make this work. Somebody told me that now they were bolt on and go and no additional parts are needed ,anybody mount a set of rox lately?
Thank You
Charlie
[snapback]698644[/snapback]​
You will need the adapter tube from Rox $14.95

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
sledheaddude800 said:
And riser goes like this......
[snapback]698652[/snapback]​
That picture is for a 4" riser.. If you bought the 2" Combo Kit from Rox ($129) you will need nothing else IF you are going to use your stock bars. I just installed yesterday. Great kit... Reroute your plugs - 1 under and 1 through the riser. You will need to cut the center piece of the Bar pad so the plug will fit. In addition you can cut the tabs off the stock plate to make it perfect.. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put the risers on mine and yes you need to get the a/c steel caps. The stock skidoo ones are too weak to tighten up enough to hold the riser in place. I thought I would try with the stock ones, and it broke.

When you get the caps from A/C, they are about $10. Make sure you order 2. I thought I was getting a set (2) when I ordered, and just got a single. So order 2 from the get go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try this link http://www.dootalk.com/reports.php?rptType=TECH&rptID=15 , if it doesn't work go to the features option at the top of the page and go to Tech reports and click on the Rox riser install. It has pictures and the AC part numbers for the better handlebar caps, it's a very nice report. This is for the 2 inch pivoting riser, also tighten your caps evenly maintaining an even gap on both sides. One of the best upgrades I've ever done. Good luck

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
loots-42 said:
I put the risers on mine and yes you need to get the a/c steel caps. The stock skidoo ones are too weak to tighten up enough to hold the riser in place. I thought I would try with the stock ones, and it broke.

When you get the caps from A/C, they are about $10. Make sure you order 2. I thought I was getting a set (2) when I ordered, and just got a single. So order 2 from the get go.
[snapback]698724[/snapback]​
Yup he's right if you have the 2" pivot risers buy the Arctic Cat claps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts