Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently purchased a 1980 Mirage II with a 377 Rotax for doing trail clearing ect. I have good spark on the mag side and random on the PTO side. I might get spark on 5 of 10 pulls. I've reversed the wires coming from points to coils and the problem stays on the same side, therefore eliminating a faulty coil. I'm about to take the motor out and check out the points, does anyone have any suggestions to what the problem might be before I pull it all apart. I was going to just order new points and condensor, but thought maybe the problem was just adjustment or dirt. Any ideas what would cause the randomness? It's been a while since I've worked on one of these old girls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had the same trouble when I bought an 81 Citation with the 377 in it....thought it was the points but I changed coils and rewired the ground wires and made sure everything was grounded and tight and it solved the problem....been riding it for 3 months now and no problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.