Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have search this topic only found electric winches and rope winches with permanent handles.

I'm looking for one with a removable handle and that's compact. I thought I saw one here but can't find it.

Any help and info I would appreciate it.

Paul

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think your talking about a Masdam Rope Puller but the handle isn't removable. I do remember someone showing a picture of a much more compact puller but it was also much more expensive. As I remember the Masdam is only about $45.00.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I carry Rope and Pulleys . Here is a link / tutorial .

The length of pull decreases as we add pulleys but the force multiplication becomes impressive !

You can pull a moose into the back of a pick up , or sled out with ease .

·
7,718 Posts
Maasdam works great and if you put a little thought into it you might be able to modify the handle to have a removable upper portion.

Hard to go wrong at their price and it works very well.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
What ever you get, pack it well, I had a set of pulleys, they are somewhere in the bumpy trail near West Yellowstone a few years back. . . .(Bounced out of the "trunk" of the sled. . . .)

Live and learn. . . . .

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
How about a boat trailer hand winch? With the handle off it would be quite compact. You may need a little ingenuity to attach it to the sled to keep it from twisting while cranking. A non permanent mount of some kind?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts