Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trucked my new 550f about 20 miles down to Lincoln VT and rode today.

The sled ran great, but I did have to stop and raise the needles. I'm running 260 mains, with the needles all the way up. EGTs are right under 1200, but the plugs aren't quite as dark as I think they should be. I'm going to put in some 270s next time out.

Anyone else running a 550 fan? How is your's set up?

Anyhow, I liked the sled alot. It handled and rode very well. I won't win any races, but I knew that going in...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Mine's stock so far, I don't even know what that is. Seems jetted really good, except I've got a minor burble or hesitation thing going on at very low speed, just when crawling thru the trees. Not sure, seems to be loading up slightly, but not bad enough to change anything yet. Might investigate further once it's broken in.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Mind if I asked what you did with your clutching? And what it improved? Right now I'm a little concerned with the amount of heat coming off mine, I got rid of the insulated box, but still seems too warm. I'm getting it to the dealer for the 10 hour once over, once I get to 10 hours, and I'll be making sure they check alignment. Doesn't seem to be wearing the belt much though...

·
Registered
56 Posts
macpotter said:
I trucked my new 550f about 20 miles down to Lincoln VT and rode today.

The sled ran great, but I did have to stop and raise the needles. I'm running 260 mains, with the needles all the way up. EGTs are right under 1200, but the plugs aren't quite as dark as I think they should be. I'm going to put in some 270s next time out.

Anyone else running a 550 fan? How is your's set up?

Anyhow, I liked the sled alot. It handled and rode very well. I won't win any races, but I knew that going in...
[snapback]258930[/snapback]​
Hi ....

I must be lucky my sled seem Prety damm good.....
Did u doo anything with your skis???

·
Registered
157 Posts
the ski-doo chart for 2000 ft........ one -3.4 gram weight + one - 21 gram weight in each cup. mine came jetted and clutched for 6000 ft. good thing i took it apart and checked. you should too. i rejetted to a 250 main with the needle # 4 position. it will over rev if it is not clutched for your elevation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.